Unquiet Desperation
May 18, 2021, 03:12:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
News: Post in our Creative Philosophy board... if you can.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jesus' Mom, the Strongman and the unfinished Fly  (Read 5965 times)
Mikey
Andy Warhol

« on: May 30, 2008, 02:28:17 PM »

Hello.
This is my first time posting around here and I just wanted to know what you guys thought to a few pieces of my art. All these will eventually become screenprints when I have enough funds to buy the gear, so these are just 'mock ups' if you like of what they may turn out like.

Jesus' Mom

(please dont get mad at this one, I didn't intend it to be offensive to anyone other than those involved in 'Bible Camp', which I watched on More 4 the other day. It signifies their redneck, brainwashing methods of forcing religion upon young children and is definately not a stab at the Christian religion or anyone who follows it. Just thought I best put that in with it being my first post as people don't know me!)

Strongman

This will eventually be part of a very special series of ep's released by the band I'm in.

Fly

This isn't finished yet, have a few ideas floating around for it but none seem to feel right...

This won't be a screenprint, had it for awhile now, thinking of maybe doing a really big smudgy pen and ink version, with some glitter thrown in for good measure.

Thanks for having a look. If you like it, cool, thats excellent, if you don't, then just let me know why and suggest how I could improve, Im aways on the lookout for how to get better.

Thanks again, Mikey x
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 02:30:34 PM by Mikey » Logged
Will
Henry David Thoreau

Everything is Irrelative.

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 02:42:15 PM »

I like the eyes of the fly in picture 3 and the kids head in the last picture.  Personally, I would like to see the fly eyes red, or something like that.  The Jesus mom is classic.  Can her arms be hairy?  I think that would give more of the redneck feel you talk about.  In the one arm weightlifter, the guy's hair blends in with the dumb bell or whatever behind it.  Why not make his hair red or blond?  I think it would also be cool if you titled the books he has his left foot on, or should I say his only foot. Grin 

I think, therefore I'm lost.
Flying_whizzabe
Arthur Miller

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 02:00:37 PM »

Amazing. I love what you have done. I think the Jesus' mom is very interesting, it seem to me like the bible has mothers down as being loving and caring yet in modern times this is not always the case. Children don't always have the role models people assume..
Looking at this from a view of God is mighty and nobody can know what he looks like, obviously all the DNA came from his mother, So in conclusion I find it very likely that his mother did infact look like this.

You cannot deny that the facts speak for themselves.
Flying_whizzabe
Arthur Miller

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 02:03:02 PM »

The last one is so beautiful.. can I buy it off you??  :]
Mikey
Andy Warhol

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 05:04:20 PM »

Thanks for yours comments, they're appreciated  Smiley.

Flying_whizzabe: Of course you can, I'd be more than happy to. Sadly though the one there is simply a mock up, made by scanning in a very small one and using a few photo editing tools to give me an idea of what I'd like to do. However, I was planning on doing a large scale version, with glitter and runny pen ink and watercolour if you're still interested? I'd do the one off for you, and since I haven't done it yet, you could have the choice of size/ paper/ canvas etc. I'd be more than happy to sort out whatever you wanted.
Thanks for the interest, Mikey x
Abi
Stanley Kubrick

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 12:17:14 AM »

There is something incredibly original yet imaginative about your work and i really like that.
jdrabell
Virginia Woolf

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 12:52:07 AM »

check out le gun magazine website or buy it! you'd dig it
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: