Unquiet Desperation
May 18, 2021, 02:25:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
News: Post in our Creative Philosophy board... if you can.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts and Feelings  (Read 7712 times)
timmy long
Ernest Hemingway

« on: March 12, 2008, 12:08:26 AM »

after reading all written in the arena,... i stand by my previous statement, written words can be rewritten,                 just like thoughts and feelings     
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 12:28:28 AM by Editor » Logged
Will
Henry David Thoreau

Everything is Irrelative.

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 01:29:42 PM »

Thoughts can be re-thought, or are they just thought-over? Smiley
Stupid question...not expecting answer.

I think, therefore I'm lost.
-ConclusioN-
Stanley Kubrick

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 01:59:14 AM »

thoughts can be thought over but not re thought cuz you've already thought about them, the re thought becomes void because its already been thought of. {if that makes sense}

Quote from: MalcolmX
You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom.
John the Fascist Baptist
Gladiator
Ernest Hemingway

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 01:15:45 AM »

HuhHuh

jesus.
timmy long
Ernest Hemingway

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 12:39:30 AM »

"thoughts and feelings" that is a loaded statement
thoughts can be thought over but not re thought cuz you've already thought about them, the re thought becomes void because its already been thought of. {if that makes sense}
Thoughts can be re-thought, or are they just thought-over? Smiley
Quote from: John the Fascist Baptist link=topic=318.msg2260#msg2260 date=1205jesus.716545
HuhHuh

jesus.
Thoughts and Feelings... the thoughts you originally came in mind with are simply that, the feelings that may back them up can change, the written word might change as well, maybe not. Us being authors to what we write have a "license" sort of speak... ahh come on if we take ourselves to seriously we could loose the plot 
hopeless zygote
Virginia Woolf

is that a coathanger?

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 09:06:55 PM »

thinking and feeling?  tv and thorazine will take care of that

Half crusty, half gooey, all love.
The Bolshevik Dandy
Pablo Picasso

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 10:08:19 PM »

Thorazine.
Mmmmm
I was put on Stellazine once
they are simalr,no?

Come Slowly Eden.
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 02:15:40 PM »

...or even as Orwell suggested in "1984"...words can be unwritten...thoughts can be unthought...feelings can be unfelt....doublespeak. Words may be our weapon; they are also our enemy...

As I understand it : around 500,000 words in the English language
  plus      770,000 technical terms (legal, medical, scientific, business, military etc.)
  Shakespeare in 37 plays and 152 Sonnets used a total of only 50,000 words (10%) of language
  Average speaker of English has a 5,000 word vocabulary (less in many cases)  (1% of language) of which 3,000 are spoken and only 2,000 written.

Even were a genius to come on here able to ultilise all 500,000 words that in itself forms a constrictive constraint on our means to express our every single thought, feeling, deed, sensation...

Are we still in The Dark age using a half a million new ways to say "Ug!"   

As an art form perhaps writing in isolation is no longer sufficient to express all.       

The Bolshevik Dandy
Pablo Picasso

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 07:28:50 PM »

Too bloody right Mr Goldberg,some interestin' lil statistics there,too

Come Slowly Eden.
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 11:27:38 AM »

Always have your stats at hand my boy always have your stats...old Uncle Barney Udsed to say to me

" Nat, get yer stats ready before during and after the crucial event," and there he' d be...Old Moore's Alamanac in one Pocket, Pears Encyclopedia in the other, Roget's Thesaurus down his trousers and Logarithmic tables up his jumper...old Uncle Barney he never lost a pub brawl yet . Why ? Because when the pots were flyin yet he' d astound them all with Boyle's Law and the history of Pi ...soon shuts a man up...up or down a back alley...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: