Unquiet Desperation
May 16, 2021, 08:04:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
News: Post in our Creative Philosophy board... if you can.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: the others...  (Read 9296 times)
Moonchild
Sir Thomas More

« on: May 28, 2009, 01:03:14 PM »

this is a discussion for people who have an interest in the beings other than ours on this planet and for anyone think/know they have had some kind of experience.... also it is for anyone who feels they have a connection to the spiritual world and any experiences in that department.. this is generally for the bizarre and unusual minds to unleash their omens..  Wink
WA2
Emmeline Pankhurst

Degenerative Lucidity

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 01:12:15 PM »

I'm not awfully sure this topic should be in "The Singularity", but then I guess we don't have more meta-physical thread!

Failed, again.
Editor
Administrator
Charles Bukowski

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 03:47:59 PM »

I'm not awfully sure this topic should be in "The Singularity", but then I guess we don't have more meta-physical thread!

Agreed. Though a topic I know people are interested in, this isn't appropriate here: 'The Singularity' is more for hard science and transhumanism.

For some reason I am feeling not at all dictatorial, since instead of (as usual) arbitrarily moving this elsewhere, I'll ask what you all think. Would this be better in 'The Hall of Mirrors' or 'The World'? Moonchild, WA2, anyone... what do you think?

Mike.
WA2
Emmeline Pankhurst

Degenerative Lucidity

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 03:59:53 PM »

I wouldn't say this is a conspiracy for the hall of mirrors, but maybe the wilderness? That, or the world.
I still think you should create a spiritual thread. Any names?

Failed, again.
Ploe
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 02:53:35 AM »

Well placed.

I know too much about the old "UFO/Alien/Lark" I feel it clouds my judgement. There have been moments of inexclipable rapture or sorrow, missing time and the rest. I pin these on the alien thing or my complete lack of understanding of being human. I prefer the latter for the sake of purity.
WA2
Emmeline Pankhurst

Degenerative Lucidity

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 08:30:51 PM »

Roswell. What do we think?

Failed, again.
Will
Henry David Thoreau

Everything is Irrelative.

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 08:22:28 PM »

Three sets of three lights, each light representing a point on a triangle (three triangles), moving about each other.  At least that's all I can remember.   

I believe we are being watched, although I don't necessarily believe all the eyewitness testimonies.   

I think, therefore I'm lost.
WA2
Emmeline Pankhurst

Degenerative Lucidity

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 08:26:08 PM »

I like to think that a far off alien ship mis-calculated they're slipspace jump and crashed into Earth, but the rest of the species are too far away and oblivious to our existence.

But then, maybe I've been playing too much Halo. Grin

Failed, again.
Will
Henry David Thoreau

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 08:43:41 PM »

I saw something on television the other day (I mean I read it somewhere) about a guy who thinks an alien space craft saved the earth from a meteor in the early 1900's. 

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,522217,00.html

Kind of silly if you ask me, but I thought it was also interesting. 

Sometimes I think we are a research project for an alien study group that is observing our evolution in order to understand their own evolution. 

jrkulmer
Gladiator
Ernest Hemingway

The greatest threat to freedom is free speech.

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 09:06:48 PM »

Personally I think aliens would have no reason to just turn up here then go away without communication of some sort - the sheer distances and length of time that would be taken to get here would be immense.

But unintentionally, as WA2 says, I don't know..

Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? - Douglas Adams
Moonchild
Sir Thomas More

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 02:01:56 PM »

Roswell.. well tbh i think it was a real alien crash.. there is definatly life on this planet thats not from here. but intelligent life we don't know well the public doesn't.. just read the bible it is the best alien book yu will ever read..
Will
Henry David Thoreau

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 03:08:44 PM »

just read the bible it is the best alien book yu will ever read..

How so? 

WA2
Emmeline Pankhurst

Degenerative Lucidity

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 12:18:13 PM »

Maybe she means the Bible has either references to Aliens, like the Giants walking Earth or what ever, or the miracles and stuff. The strange stuff the Bible claims has happened, but break our current perceptions of of natural laws.

Failed, again.
jrkulmer
Gladiator
Ernest Hemingway

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2009, 07:03:07 PM »

The one problem with that is having to believe that the bible isnt a work of baloney slowly more and more manipulated to entice people into believing.

Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? - Douglas Adams
Moonchild
Sir Thomas More

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 01:34:55 PM »

this is billy meier yu might find this interesting  proves alot

http://www.theyfly.com/
WA2
Emmeline Pankhurst

Degenerative Lucidity

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 02:07:09 PM »

The one problem with that is having to believe that the bible isnt a work of baloney slowly more and more manipulated to entice people into believing.

You don't have to believe all of its true. After all, they say history is written by the victors. If we disregarded it completely, we would have no history. So you could believe there is some truth in it, its just up to you to discern what is and isn't bullshit <-- That's a bad word, Mr. Qaiyum.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 10:18:11 PM by jrkulmer » Logged

Failed, again.
jrkulmer
Gladiator
Ernest Hemingway

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 10:16:59 PM »

i think that theres some truth in it, but most if not all of the stuff is either fabricated or blown way out of proportion, and "chinese-whisperised" over the years. Smiley

WA2
Emmeline Pankhurst

Degenerative Lucidity

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 04:28:40 AM »

Well, clearly not all, but we could debate the authenticity of the Bible elsewhere, and perhaps I'm the wrong person to do it.

What about Roswell? Area 51?

Failed, again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: