Unquiet Desperation
May 18, 2021, 04:08:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
News: Post in our Creative Philosophy board... if you can.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why has Mesmie's post been split... and rejoined?  (Read 6724 times)
Null
Global Moderator
Sir Isaac Newton

« on: November 05, 2008, 07:48:28 PM »

Mesmie, each piece of work has to be published on the site independently. Sorry, I don't make the rules. I just enforce them.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 12:21:16 PM by Editor » Logged

the most painful but wonderful thing about literature is discovering someone else has managed to distill something better than you ever could.
nauseamfromrum
Cicero

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 10:17:05 PM »

null, this is absolutely ridiculous. you pullin' these rules out of your ass? why take up so much space that could be available for other poets to arbitrarily rip apart a work that was published by the author as one piece.
carter
Gladiator
Cicero

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 01:51:07 AM »

null, this is absolutely ridiculous. you pullin' these rules out of your ass? why take up so much space that could be available for other poets to arbitrarily rip apart a work that was published by the author as one piece.

Stick it to THE MAN, adnauseam! I bet you voted Obama, didn't you.  Cheesy

Carter 4 Maxxie Oliver
nauseamfromrum
Cicero

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 01:59:21 AM »

i did vote for obama.
mesmie
Stanley Kubrick

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 06:46:29 PM »

hmmm

Perhaps the way I formatted this led you to believe it was separate poems...that was not my intention.
It is one poem about my thoughts in different stages of life..I like the format that I chose for this  I didnt want to put it all together   I didnt think it would look as good...never mind   

Mx
mesmie
Stanley Kubrick

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 07:08:36 PM »

Thankyou   I feel so stupid having all those posts up there...I have pm'd Null   and await a reply   the whole poem is gonna get mixed up and the time line lost....ffs   wish he has let me have the choice to delete the whole thing...obviously not read in the right context..
Editor
Administrator
Charles Bukowski

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 07:51:42 PM »

Thankyou   I feel so stupid having all those posts up there...I have pm'd Null   and await a reply   the whole poem is gonna get mixed up and the time line lost....ffs   wish he has let me have the choice to delete the whole thing...obviously not read in the right context..

It seems I must clarify. Null was acting under instructions from me when he broke this poem up, so he can be excused your ire. We have a long-standing (albeit unwritten rule) that all poems must have an individual thread, with no threads being devoted to multiple poems. When I first saw this piece, I took it to be a collection of unrelated pieces, and this was reinforced by the title.

Since you state they're related I'm happy to put them back together. If I make a mistake in order, Mesmie, please message me with the correct order and I'll re-arrrange them.

Perhaps we should learn a lesson from this: when posting such pieces, site members should state clearly that the pieces are related as it's not always obvious. Hopefully that'll help reduce the incidence of such situations.

Carpe diem,

Mike,
Editor,
Unquiet Desperation.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 08:00:04 PM by Editor » Logged
sinister_miss_nancy
Stanley Kubrick

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 12:13:43 AM »

Why should we 'clearly state' ?

If we posted a topic, a piece of poetry or prose, its because we decided to post things like that. Even if they seem seperate pieces they appear as they appear, not because someone thought they'd put their two pence worth of artistic license on someone else's work. I don't mean to rant but I complete disagree with how that was done without even the remotest of thoughts to the reasons behind the work. Not that we should have to justify them in the first place.
Editor
Administrator
Charles Bukowski

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 12:39:12 AM »

Why should we 'clearly state' ?

If we posted a topic, a piece of poetry or prose, its because we decided to post things like that. Even if they seem seperate pieces they appear as they appear, not because someone thought they'd put their two pence worth of artistic license on someone else's work. I don't mean to rant but I complete disagree with how that was done without even the remotest of thoughts to the reasons behind the work. Not that we should have to justify them in the first place.

Perhaps I should rephrase. The rule on this site is one thread per piece of poetry or prose. We realise that some pieces that can seem unrelated are actually related parts of one piece of work; in this case we will allow some leeway, but can only do so if this is clearly stated. If it is not clearly stated, how are we to know? Any apparently unrelated pieces in a multi-poem/prose piece thread without an author's note will be broken up.

Really, we don't think it's much to ask to add a sentence explaining. We understand that there are poetry forums where multi-piece threads are allowed: if anyone is unsatisifed with this rule - which has worked very well so far - we advise them to post such portmanteau topics there.

Carpe diem,

Mike,
Editor,
Unquiet Desperation.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 01:04:07 AM by Editor » Logged
mesmie
Stanley Kubrick

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 07:17:56 AM »

hi

Yes I hear you Mike    as I say it was not my intention to cause any disquiet within the board...far from it as it is my first post here..I personally don't know of any other boards that allow multiple posts on one thread...cheers for popping it back up.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 12:35:34 PM by Editor » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: