Unquiet Desperation
May 18, 2021, 03:25:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
News: Post in our Creative Philosophy board... if you can.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UD must raise funds! How? Your opinion is needed...  (Read 17417 times)
~vxn~
Herman Melville

beware the vxn

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2008, 05:26:35 PM »

Have you ever read about Catherine the Great Vixen ?

yes, i have.

another glowing exit sign and me with no way out
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2008, 01:39:15 PM »

Sorry Vixor...fancy me going off topic ! Me of all people ! Yes it's omething I was thinking the other week...apart from the magazine UD doesn't do that much "publishing"...why ?
Vix0r
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2008, 05:52:49 PM »

It wasn't a reference to off topic-ness, just Ploe brought up that a few of you had been discussing the idea of a book too and I thought discussing it is all well and good but how will the idea be suggested as liked (or disliked) if nobody mentions it again here? It'll just vanish away and Null or Mister Editor won't know people liked it...
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2008, 12:33:06 PM »

We-ell Mr Ed...once upon a time I went to an all day internet conference & lunch at an Hotel in Leeds about how to build your websites which make megabucks while you sleep typa thing. A mere snip at £2,500.

Anyway the lecture included this one key trick which is introducing icons leading to other related websites in UD's case publishers like Faber & Faber, Penguin, Granta etc. With some prior arrangement with those publishing houses they will award a percentage fee to UD for anything they sell thanks to a UD click-on hit. This could be anything from 2% to 20% of the book cover price. You could then extend this to things like Talking Tapes, Writers & Artists Yearbook  (A&C Black) other writers circles, events etc.
Editor
Administrator
Charles Bukowski

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2008, 03:17:49 PM »

Thanks for your thoughts, everyone, they've been very useful. This thread is now locked: I've started a new thread so people can to outline our plans and allow you all to comment.

Carpe diem,

Mike.
Editor,
Unquiet Desperation.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: