Unquiet Desperation
May 18, 2021, 03:52:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
News: Post in our Creative Philosophy board... if you can.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Piece of shit moderators  (Read 20406 times)
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2008, 01:20:18 PM »

You know one thing you learn through surfing through the cyber world is nothing is what it seems..I made the grand mistake of expressing my self in earnest when i first started only to get shot down for it - that the power of the keyboard...how people present themslelves on here - nice or nasty - has little or no bearing to what they are in real life - with some obvious exceptions.

I was talking to someone last night about the nature of messageboards.. that they do actually scare folk off from expressing themselves fully when there are those use it mainly to undermine what other people say like a GAME... elitist little power games ...starts off as witty banter and ends up getting malicious. All the time this is being done nothing of any substance is actually being said.

That Scots Vix par example is a nice lassie in real life but can wear quite an acerbic cyber head when roused.

As for Null ... I refuse to comment either way..he hasn't really said anything yet ... ( it's the seemingly nice ones that get my alarm bells up straight away ...even John the Fascist Baptist can turn a seemingly nice phrase when he chooses). As to what Keyser's tactic was apart from to rile and confuse and nullify...and all happening at the same time as Null's arrival... I don't yet know...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 01:43:41 PM by Mr. Goldberg » Logged
keysersose
Ernest Hemingway

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2008, 03:05:14 PM »

Like you I don't take much notice of moderators of any kind. I've found Mister Ed to be a decent fella. This "null" bloke? Well, I settled my initial animosity and/or umbrage with him by an exchange of private messages - because I saw this as a personal thing and nowt to do with anyone else. If anything, ironic humour won the day between us.
Without doubt I agree with you that these sites, almost as a default, end up with mini alliances, larger ones and sometimes outright cliques. Whether formed deliberately or unwittingly one person will always emerge as "leader".
Like you too, I make it a point of principle not to join any nor be intimidated by them. In truth I don't think UD has any real problems of this kind. To me, your dispute with Mr. G. is your business, and his.
Stay and keep posting, keyser. Folk who generally plough their own furrow add something to sites like these.

Thanks for daring to stick your head above the parapet, Pater, but it looks like being an individual does no good round here. I dared to tangle with the mighty Goldberg, the self-styled leader of the clique that's killing this place, and I get shit-canned to the Arena. Watch out, you might be next!

Still, there is one good thing about being a gladiator. I'm already dead, so I've nothing next to lose.  Angry

Keyserrrrr.

Under neon loneliness, motorcycle emptiness.
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2008, 03:10:42 PM »

Keyser you have got me all wrong...I'm a contributor on here that's - all nothing more...I simply bring my humble offerings to the table for the birds to peck and chaw and that's it. There are those who have a far more prolific output on here than I. 

I do not do the power thing.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 03:13:14 PM by Mr. Goldberg » Logged
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2008, 03:53:08 PM »

Maybe everyone should just calm down and get back to the poetry?

Carter.

Absolutely right Carter. I salute you.
Ploe
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2008, 05:04:44 PM »

Keyser, you're obviously too embarassed to shut up. Let's all mellow out and get back onto the poetry, as Carter and Mr. Goldberg have pleasantly suggested.
Vix0r
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2008, 07:10:12 PM »

But I don't want to go back to the poetry... I was never there in the first place. =/

And indeed Goldie, I surprise myself by how much of a bitter bitch I become when angry! I call it The Rage. It's similar to turning into the incredible Hulk except I don't get muscles or go green. Or become a man.
~vxn~
Herman Melville

beware the vxn

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2008, 11:20:26 PM »

Cheesy  (that not becoming a man bit got me giggly.)

another glowing exit sign and me with no way out
Will
Henry David Thoreau

Everything is Irrelative.

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2008, 03:21:32 PM »

I didn't realize we had cliques around here.  Are the Americans always the last to find out?  So what thread are all the cool kids chillin' at? 

I think, therefore I'm lost.
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2008, 03:26:45 PM »

Don't listen to Keyser -  he's got it totally wrong, I'm probably the biggest clique hater you'll meet and how I'm a "self-styled leader" I've no idea..always wary of people levelling stuff like that at you without cause...maybe because those very same criticisms actually apply to themselves ?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 03:36:33 PM by Mr. Goldberg » Logged
Pater
Galileo Galilei

Pressed wrong button in p'port photo booth...

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2008, 05:54:36 PM »

Don't listen to Keyser -  he's got it totally wrong, I'm probably the biggest clique hater you'll meet and how I'm a "self-styled leader" I've no idea..always wary of people levelling stuff like that at you without cause...maybe because those very same criticisms actually apply to themselves ?

Personally, I don't see you as a member of a clique, Mr. G., unless there's something I'm unaware of to which Keyser refers. From what Keyser says in a message reply to me here, my guess is he/she views the occasional rift between certain posters and him/her as inevitably attracting interaction later from the same several or more people. These apparently taking sides when the initial critique of some piece or other is lost in a surge of replies which have little to do with it. Keyser might just mean that.
You come across as didactic to me, Mr. G., and though (I think) you're a one-time teacher with the relevant qualifications and experience, likely to have an auto-didactic nature as well. You're a tad intrusive, too. None of this makes you prone to a pack mentality, much more the reverse as I see it. But these are only my views.
nauseamfromrum
Cicero

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2008, 07:43:11 PM »

I didn't realize we had cliques around here.  Are the Americans always the last to find out?  So what thread are all the cool kids chillin' at?

i was wondering the same exact thing.
Vix0r
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2008, 08:16:50 PM »

Well I'm Scottish and I'm aware of no cliques.
carter
Gladiator
Cicero

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2008, 10:26:13 PM »

Maybe everyone should just calm down and get back to the poetry?

Carter.

Absolutely right Carter. I salute you.

No problem, Mr. Goldberg. Despite the history between myself and Keyser, both of you seem decent people, just passionate about your creative art. It'd be bad if either of you left here due to what is, really, a storm in a teacup.

What we have in common is stronger than that which divides us - check out some of the other poetry sites on the web and you'll see what I mean. Smiley

Carter.

Carter 4 Maxxie Oliver
Vix0r
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2008, 10:44:40 PM »

So the prose and art and photography is not included in this site then? Funny that.
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2008, 04:19:26 PM »

Personally, I don't see you as a member of a clique, Mr. G., unless there's something I'm unaware of to which Keyser refers. From what Keyser says in a message reply to me here, my guess is he/she views the occasional rift between certain posters and him/her as inevitably attracting interaction later from the same several or more people. These apparently taking sides when the initial critique of some piece or other is lost in a surge of replies which have little to do with it. Keyser might just mean that.
You come across as didactic to me, Mr. G., and though (I think) you're a one-time teacher with the relevant qualifications and experience, likely to have an auto-didactic nature as well. You're a tad intrusive, too. None of this makes you prone to a pack mentality, much more the reverse as I see it. But these are only my views.

Thanks for those comments Pater and you are correct about mobs and me ; we don't get on.  The didactic thing is a bit of a put on I must say - my teaching wasn't really like that and follows on different lines...the EFL thing I do  is all about eliciting from learners what they already know then bringing it forward to develop it further.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: