Unquiet Desperation
May 18, 2021, 03:40:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
News: Post in our Creative Philosophy board... if you can.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Piece of shit moderators  (Read 20405 times)
Mr. Goldberg
« on: September 19, 2008, 12:25:17 PM »

That reply makes no sense whatsoever...ps how can you be a newbie and Global moderator at the same time ?   You really do give yourself away.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 12:27:45 PM by Mr. Goldberg » Logged
Vix0r
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 01:36:29 PM »

Because he joined with the title moderator.
keysersose
Ernest Hemingway

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 02:49:25 PM »

That reply makes no sense whatsoever...ps how can you be a newbie and Global moderator at the same time ?   You really do give yourself away.

Am I missing something here? Why can't you be a newbie and a moderator?

Keyserrrrr.

Under neon loneliness, motorcycle emptiness.
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 02:54:48 PM »

Well me old film character ...with a name like yours it's probably you anyway so I won't enter into a protracted conversation about that one...

And let's face it...it's so YESTERDAY...instant appearance..Stealth factor coupled with unbridled five star power with AVATAR to scare the kids...I object to being referred to as a kid anyway NULL so well done you've already got my back up.

Such Dribble.   
keysersose
Ernest Hemingway

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 02:57:20 PM »

Seriously... what the fuck are you on about?

Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 03:03:13 PM »

I've seen the film with Keysersose (excellent film) so I was just suspecting Null & You may be the same. Only you know the answer to that.

As for the rest of it...I've seen this done so often on other websites when there's some sorta hierarchy reshuffle in motion. No need to swear.
Null
Global Moderator
Sir Isaac Newton

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 03:15:26 PM »

Children. Settle down.

the most painful but wonderful thing about literature is discovering someone else has managed to distill something better than you ever could.
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 03:28:18 PM »

Hey Keyser ...NULL has just accused me in a PM of being you ?!! The Cheek of it Huh
keysersose
Ernest Hemingway

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 03:28:59 PM »

I couldn't care less who Null is. He's not me. I'm Keysersose on here because Usual Suspects is my favourite movie, and I thought it fitted the ballsy little magazine I've picked up for a while in my favourite Sheffield pub.

I used to like coming on here, but I haven't done so as much recently because I have issues with the moderators. They might be able to put together a magazine, but they can't moderate a forum like this. There are too many narcissistic, rambling posters sticking in their gangs and droning on about their own irrelevant bullshit, and the mods don't do anything about it. And guess what, Goldberg (if that is your real name - I see it's ok for you to appear as someone else)? You're one of the worst offenders. If you aren't banging on about the mods being other people and about how they're restricting you, you're polluting members' poems with your crap. Every single comment you make ends up being about you and your flaccid youth. Have you ever considered that people post their stuff to get feedback, not to to read about your abortion of a life? Try concentrating on giving proper feedback and you might be less inclined to paranoid fantasies about how this board - and no doubt the magazine - was created to do you down.

Oh, and as for 'no need to swear' - fuck you, you self-obsessed, hypocritical cunt.

Keyserrrrr.

PS And mods, feel free to do what you want, as I won't be here much longer. This place just isn't what it used to be.

Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 03:37:48 PM »

I like the Usual Suspects film too...and if you do ever get to read the Birthday Party by Harold Pinter you'll see what a self obsessed hypocritical cunt Goldberg actually is. 

I do actually agree with your other comments about other aspects of this website which also applies to other websites I've seen.

By the way...you've reacted exactly how they wanted you to do...one of the MODS told me in the flesh they were gonna stir some  "trouble" up this week. Which they obviously have. I'll agree. I don't think it's fun either.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 03:39:35 PM by Mr. Goldberg » Logged
Vix0r
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 03:41:03 PM »

Then help change it. Giving up and storming off doesn't help a bloody thing. There are places to suggest changes, editors and such to message. Get onto them.

Nowhere I go does anyone ever like moderators. I think it's something that comes with the jobs. everybody whines they're doing it wrong or crushing them (even I do it) because they don't like the fact someone has more control than them.

When I and a few others were mods on another site I frequent we did a damned good job of keeping the place spam free. We were fair and asked for advice if we were unsure, but damned if anyone saw it that way. there sparked such a fight that one of the mods went crazy and deleted half the posts before buggering off and leaving the forum, which before was clean of bots, a mess. Great tactics. My mod cape was hung up and the guy who owned the site made some code to do our job for us. Now when spam seeps through, or someone is exceedingly violent, we have to find him and hope he'll sort it for us.

EDIT: That was to Keyser. And as for what Goldie has said, I don't agree with the stirring up trouble on purpose. It's a Big Brother house type tactic and it makes them look a bit cheap, as if they don't value what people are saying.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 03:42:42 PM by Vix0r » Logged
Will
Henry David Thoreau

Everything is Irrelative.

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 03:45:35 PM »

Holy Jebus...I am gone for a week and all hell breaks loose.  While I have enjoyed reading this "discussion," we have a place called the Arena that is very lonely.  Take your piss and vinegar there. 

I think, therefore I'm lost.
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 03:51:43 PM »

Vixor I know it for a FACT that plans are in motion this week to elicit reaction from members  (Do you really want me to say more and how I know) ?

Obviousy that's occurred ... but when flaming like this breaks out I'm the first to go.

Cheer up Keyser as long as you're on here I won't be...checking back through all your posts almost every one is fuelled by aggression...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 03:56:30 PM by Mr. Goldberg » Logged
Will
Henry David Thoreau

Everything is Irrelative.

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 03:53:06 PM »

Trying to move this to the Arena...help?

I think, therefore I'm lost.
Vix0r
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 11:29:27 PM »

Mr Goldberg, I know you know fact. I was agreeing with you. There are plans to manipulate us like little puppets for their own amusement because they don't see value enough in what we're already posting. We're worthless apart from as little toys.

As long as the mods keep this place spam free and do their best to help then they're doing a good job, new or not. Take up the manipulation factor with the higher powers. I think the mods are just little patsies or 'bi-atches' in that game, so it seems.
nauseamfromrum
Cicero

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 01:25:15 AM »

i don't understand all the fuss. i've looked through all of null's whopping 15 posts--none of them seem worthy of this "controversy." what's the deal?
Vix0r
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2008, 11:37:45 AM »

We've heard in the wind there will be trouble caused to get us riled and angry so we'll post in certain ways and make the board more interesting and alive. Seems even just hearing that has done it.

~munches on a pain au chocolate~ ^-^
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2008, 01:30:02 PM »

Mr Goldberg, I know you know fact. I was agreeing with you. There are plans to manipulate us like little puppets for their own amusement because they don't see value enough in what we're already posting. We're worthless apart from as little toys.

As long as the mods keep this place spam free and do their best to help then they're doing a good job, new or not. Take up the manipulation factor with the higher powers. I think the mods are just little patsies or 'bi-atches' in that game, so it seems.

Agree with all that Vixor...and I for one aint buyin' it and I think whoever does must havea lifetime of boredom to fill or shit for brains. You disappoint me Editor I thought you were above all this...think you've been getting involved with the wrong typa people.
keysersose
Ernest Hemingway

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2008, 07:40:13 PM »

Agree with all that Vixor...and I for one aint buyin' it and I think whoever does must havea lifetime of boredom to fill or shit for brains.

No need to swear.

Vix0r
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2008, 08:16:14 PM »

Sorry, Goldie but you need to be clearer. You miss out what you're talking about and now I don't follow you.
Pater
Galileo Galilei

Pressed wrong button in p'port photo booth...

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2008, 09:51:43 PM »

I couldn't care less who Null is. He's not me. I'm Keysersose on here because Usual Suspects is my favourite movie, and I thought it fitted the ballsy little magazine I've picked up for a while in my favourite Sheffield pub.

I used to like coming on here, but I haven't done so as much recently because I have issues with the moderators. They might be able to put together a magazine, but they can't moderate a forum like this. There are too many narcissistic, rambling posters sticking in their gangs and droning on about their own irrelevant bullshit, and the mods don't do anything about it. And guess what, Goldberg (if that is your real name - I see it's ok for you to appear as someone else)? You're one of the worst offenders. If you aren't banging on about the mods being other people and about how they're restricting you, you're polluting members' poems with your crap. Every single comment you make ends up being about you and your flaccid youth. Have you ever considered that people post their stuff to get feedback, not to to read about your abortion of a life? Try concentrating on giving proper feedback and you might be less inclined to paranoid fantasies about how this board - and no doubt the magazine - was created to do you down.

Oh, and as for 'no need to swear' - fuck you, you self-obsessed, hypocritical cunt.

Keyserrrrr.

PS And mods, feel free to do what you want, as I won't be here much longer. This place just isn't what it used to be.

Like you I don't take much notice of moderators of any kind. I've found Mister Ed to be a decent fella. This "null" bloke? Well, I settled my initial animosity and/or umbrage with him by an exchange of private messages - because I saw this as a personal thing and nowt to do with anyone else. If anything, ironic humour won the day between us.
Without doubt I agree with you that these sites, almost as a default, end up with mini alliances, larger ones and sometimes outright cliques. Whether formed deliberately or unwittingly one person will always emerge as "leader".
Like you too, I make it a point of principle not to join any nor be intimidated by them. In truth I don't think UD has any real problems of this kind. To me, your dispute with Mr. G. is your business, and his.
Stay and keep posting, keyser. Folk who generally plough their own furrow add something to sites like these.
Ploe
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2008, 10:45:59 PM »

i don't understand all the fuss. i've looked through all of null's whopping 15 posts--none of them seem worthy of this "controversy." what's the deal?

I agree. He just seems to have come in, and everybody has kicked up a fuss. Considering that all this started because he told Mr. Goldberg the reason behind why the guest lists multiplies, I just don't understand it. I'm a bit shocked that there's a new mod, but to be honest I haven't really felt his presence yet.
carter
Gladiator
Cicero

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2008, 11:04:26 PM »

I agree. He just seems to have come in, and everybody has kicked up a fuss. Considering that all this started because he told Mr. Goldberg the reason behind why the guest lists multiplies, I just don't understand it. I'm a bit shocked that there's a new mod, but to be honest I haven't really felt his presence yet.

It's crazy. This really does appear to be a storm in a teacup. I'm not defending Kesyersose - people who've been here long enough may remember our past run-ins, thankfully consigned to history - but this all reminds me of something Terry Wogan once said, that there are people that sit by their TV waiting to be offended just so they can write in and complain. With all the ranting about evil mods, who appear to have done little to provoke it, there looks to be more than a little of this going on here.

Maybe everyone should just calm down and get back to the poetry?

Carter.

Carter 4 Maxxie Oliver
Vix0r
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2008, 01:01:18 AM »

I like Null. He's been helpful, patient and even chipped in with a joke. A good mod and a good person from what I can see.
The Bolshevik Dandy
Pablo Picasso

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2008, 02:52:09 AM »

Shape-shift Keser your jig is up.....Oh,balls I arribed much too late,AGAIN,Didn't I?

Grin

Come Slowly Eden.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: