Unquiet Desperation
May 18, 2021, 02:32:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
News: Post in our Creative Philosophy board... if you can.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Improve your Unquiet Desperation  (Read 12505 times)
Null
Global Moderator
Sir Isaac Newton

« on: September 19, 2008, 12:33:15 AM »

Right kids, your assignment today is this: How can we make Unquiet Desperation better? We are already magnificent, but we need your help to make it perfect. What we want from you are suggestions for possible boards that would improve the function of the site and our community. We'd love to hear your ideas. What's your reward? When Unquiet Desperation bestrides the globe like a thundering colossus, we shall remember you. Wink

the most painful but wonderful thing about literature is discovering someone else has managed to distill something better than you ever could.
~vxn~
Herman Melville

beware the vxn

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 03:08:01 AM »

yes, but will you also smite our enemies?

another glowing exit sign and me with no way out
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 11:28:58 AM »

Aye(*...crowd cheers...*)   ...let's hear it for the Vixen...what shall be done Null ?
Vix0r
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 11:53:31 AM »

Why not feature selected pieces of work, varying between poems and art and great member quotes, somewhere on the front page, if that can be done. Just a nice little appetiser to encourage people to have a good rummage around the site.

It works well on two other sites I frequent and looks good. Shows what everyone is up to aswell.
Null
Global Moderator
Sir Isaac Newton

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 08:00:34 PM »

I'll hand out the fire and brimstone to anyone that dare upset this forum in the slightest. Just give me a hollar vxn.

the most painful but wonderful thing about literature is discovering someone else has managed to distill something better than you ever could.
~vxn~
Herman Melville

beware the vxn

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 11:21:02 PM »

power is hot.  lol.  hmm.. so is fire, for that matter.

another glowing exit sign and me with no way out
Ploe
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 12:36:35 AM »

I wish I had power.
Null
Global Moderator
Sir Isaac Newton

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 10:48:30 PM »

You're supposed to be a creative lot. How come you've only had one idea?

Vix0r
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 11:23:24 PM »

It wasn't them, it was me! =p
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 04:37:40 PM »

I want to know what's happened to that nice young Scots Lady with whom I shared discourse upon McGonagall, Mr. Kipling's Cakes and other sundry matters of poetic banter. This sweet young lady who did little more than save up and offer up her hard earned 88p (no doubt denying herself basic essentials) to give to the Tithe Master of U.D. only to have it hurled back at her like 20 pieces of silver (or 88 pieces of copper) would appear to have been silenced and incarcerated. I seem to remember similar things went on in the Ghettoes of Buchenwald and Auschwitz.

By the way what's happened to the funding thread ? 88p is far too low. You've nothing to lose but your change. I would willingly sell my house and all its contents to fund Unquiet Desperation without so much as wanting to know where a penny of the money went...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 04:41:39 PM by Mr. Goldberg » Logged
simon nemeth
Herman Melville

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 05:42:15 PM »

Having the seperate areas for poetry and prose is a good idea. Expand on this. Have a seperate area for short storeis or longer pieces of work. Also Goldbergs idea of a place for drama/plays/scripts is a good one.

Blank's idea of a "greatest hits" as such is also a good idea which fell by the wayside.

Whilst I'm at it. This UD magazine that gets printed and distributerd around the fine city of Sheffield. Why not have one poem/prose whatever  in each edition voted for by the members of this site. So I could nominate a peice by somebody as could evryone else. A bit of people power so to speak. Don't worry Null, this won't effect your bid for world domination!
BobbyMart
Andy Warhol

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 10:55:14 AM »

Ahoy the land lubbers Smiley
sockett94
Gladiator
Percy Bysshe Shelley

VIVA THE REVOLUTION!!!!

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2009, 09:17:16 AM »

oh bobbymart, you fickle minded youngster

When the music of musicians fails, their ego always shines through.
WA2
Emmeline Pankhurst

Degenerative Lucidity

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 07:55:21 PM »

What you need to do is remake the look of it. It looks like the whole damn site was mad eon Word using some lines and fancy fonts. Make it look sophisticated.

New boards?
Extra things, like real-time arguments or stuff?
Poem of the day?
Advertising!

Failed, again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: