Unquiet Desperation
June 25, 2019, 05:49:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
News: Post in our Creative Philosophy board... if you can.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why don't they have to answer to this type of stuff?  (Read 6628 times)
Will
Henry David Thoreau

Everything is Irrelative.

« on: September 05, 2008, 02:45:11 PM »

Here in the States, we've been having our big Party conventions, and I swear to god I want to shoot myself listening to all the bullshit. 

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/gop_convention_spin_part_ii.html

This is a pretty good website that points out the lies of politicians, but no one ever says to them, "Hey, remember when you said this in front of all of America (or whatever country), and we just proved it was a lie...what do have to say for yourself and to your fellow countrymen you wannabe president liar piece of shit?"

I mean these assholes get up in front of millions of viewers, lie, and people applaud them for it.  It makes me wanna kill something. 

I think, therefore I'm lost.
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 03:17:18 PM »

We have the same problem in Britain. Like the populus of your country they seem to fall for it, even crave for it, year in year out. We just pride ourselves that we're "above it" by deploying hard hitting interviewers like Jeremy Paxman to expose it all.. even "dangerous" song lyricists and playwrights to expose it further.  But public amnesia prevails as ever and the lies continue. As do the recording and publishing industries.

Especially now as British politics tries to copy the razzamatazz of the American Model. All style (?) no substance.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 03:32:46 PM by Mr. Goldberg » Logged
Vix0r
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 03:29:52 PM »

I vote green wherever I can. I figure most people will be voting big "look at me" type parties such as Labour and the Tories (I have no clue about politics, they could be the same for all I know) so if I vote for the ones that want to make the Earth spiff-tacular then they won't get into power, but will get a bit more support to have a good influence.
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 03:36:05 PM »

You're not too far off the truth there Vixor saying parties are likeminded in many respects. I was watching "Not the Nine o'clock News " on DVD last night ...satire a bit before your time..the portrayal of  Rowan Atkinson as Tory Party Conference speaker sent shivers down my spine...that comedy sketch could be delivered verbatim today as manifesto to ecstatic applause and probably not a single laugh in some quarters...
Ploe
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 01:49:41 AM »

People are idiots. Next election I'm sending a hog to the ballot box, with my voting slip.
Will
Henry David Thoreau

Everything is Irrelative.

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 04:08:59 PM »

Our votes are counted electronically, but that system isn't working out too grand.  I wonder if it's a crime to urinate and short circuit the voting machine... Undecided

I think, therefore I'm lost.
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 01:37:19 PM »

Didn't that happen with the Gore/Bush scenario....Gore has won...no he hasn't...yes he has...let's have a recount...oh he's lost...right. 
Vix0r
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 01:45:09 PM »

When they changed the systems up here it all mucked up. Thousands of votes were uncounted and they didn't do a recount or a new election. They just left it.
Ploe
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 11:23:54 PM »

The second someone decides not to count your votes there should be a fucking revolution! What's the point in living in a democracy if your say doesn't count? Who are they to say that? There should have been mass  protest!
Vix0r
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 12:59:28 AM »

If we went by your, my, and everyone else's way there would be a revolution approximately every 2.8 minutes. That would be very exhausting.
The Bolshevik Dandy
Pablo Picasso

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 03:49:44 AM »

palin says to  ppl:blah blah blah
ppl say to palin:ba baaa ba
i say:zzzzzzz

Come Slowly Eden.
Ploe
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 02:10:53 PM »

If we went by your, my, and everyone else's way there would be a revolution approximately every 2.8 minutes. That would be very exhausting.

There should be a revolution every two point eight minutes, the government should be scared of us, not the other way 'round.
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2008, 12:30:15 PM »

They say that in any economy a country is only 4 days' meals away from revolution...Sir Ken Morrison for President...The Value Party  Smiley
Vix0r
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2008, 07:11:56 PM »

He is president. He retired and is now the company president.
Ploe
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 09:00:25 PM »

Sir Ken Morrison? Peh! I once was in one of his stores when he was paying a visit, nobody knew who he was and he never left the fruit and veg section. With all the people he had beneath him making him rich, you think he'd up their wages a little. But surprise! His staff are the lowest paid in any UK Supermarket. Your Aldi, your Netto, your Lidl, with their cheaper goods feed their workforce better. Don't talk to me about Ken Morrison. Uncle Barney says "You can tell a man's decency by how he treats those beneath him!" he used to have a lot of people beneath him, and on top. Uncle Barney liked people. Knew a lot of "John's."
Vix0r
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 09:06:40 PM »

It's above minimum wage and I get time and a half on Sundays. Is it really that bad? The works not too hard, most of the time anyway.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: