Unquiet Desperation
June 15, 2019, 10:38:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
News: Post in our Creative Philosophy board... if you can.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: no comments chaff  (Read 3373 times)
Mr. Goldberg
« on: August 10, 2008, 12:23:44 PM »

It wer your vxn that got me into that.....

Besides which I understand you've made a film around the very subject....so coat that in marzipan and eat it.

A proofreader proofreads a writer's work. Not usually the writer.

Margin Released by JB Priestley was one of my favourites as a book about writing for writers, he does achieve an amazing accessible simplicity with his gear and it isn't easy to do.
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 04:36:20 PM »

...yes...

Singing... McCarthur Park is melting
              In the rain ...with that sweet green icing flowing down...
              Someone left the cake out in the rain...
              And it took me time to make it
              Yes it took so long to bake it               
              And now I'll never have that recipe aga-a-a-a-a-ain.....

( Curtain up, Floodlights, dry ice, strobe..... Nat Goldberg dances on stage with Ploe and the Porky Scratching Quartet singing harmonies....Vixen in black dress miming ancient Indian Death Dance ) .....   
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 05:23:49 PM by Mr. Goldberg » Logged
Flying_whizzabe
Arthur Miller

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 06:26:46 PM »

Feedback is essential, if we didn't have other peoples opinions as an influence it would be like all the people who go on X factor with the delusion that they can sing- when in actual fact they cannot. Generaly it is nice to comment and be supportive, even if giving some critique. However I get more enjoyment from just reading other peoples work and understanding their take on things than posting my own work.

I'm starting my writing degree in 20 days - God help me. Speaking of god, has anyone considered than God is simply a metaphor for creation itself? the big bang was nature and nature is god? not as one being but an entire object of power..

Ploe
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 07:00:12 PM »

Speaking of god, has anyone considered than God is simply a metaphor for creation itself? the big bang was nature and nature is god? not as one being but an entire object of power..

Yep. When I say God, it's a catch all for the ifinite and chaotic Universe we're all a part of. God is us, and everyone else. We're all part of this bigger picture and that bigger picture is God.
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 01:08:19 PM »

I'm starting my writing degree in 20 days - God help me. Speaking of god, has anyone considered than God is simply a metaphor for creation itself? the big bang was nature and nature is god? not as one being but an entire object of power..

Lucky you. Stephen Hawking says there's room for both ; GOD + BIG BANG = CREATION

I also know a few Theology academics who are the most Godless people you'll ever meet...having studied and analysed it all back to way  back when in scripture's various formats, re-editions and socio-political tweakings that man created God. Or at least the idea/need of it...adjusted it accordingly to suit his own needs
and do things like declare war and torture  people in His name...

The Christian would agree with you that GOD IS creation yet  also so much more than that in a living sense in every moment of your everyday human  life...physical, mental, spiritual...with us as mini creators in our own right if you will. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 01:27:42 PM by Mr. Goldberg » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: