Unquiet Desperation
March 23, 2019, 05:22:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
News: Post in our Creative Philosophy board... if you can.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When people don't listen....  (Read 5720 times)
Vix0r
« on: August 30, 2008, 05:34:40 PM »

I feel this deserved it's own topic in honour of my babies, now sadly departed.

Don't you just hate it when people don't listen? Especialy when you know what they'll do, tell them specifically not to do it, and then even though they happily register this, they go ahead and do it anyway! "Oh, sorry" doesn't cut it. I want my babies back. Not human babies, I hate human babies, my baby nasturtiums.

At first thought drowned by my over enthusiastic responce to getting a new blue watering can, or sad because the soil was so hard and the light so dull,, they sprouted up regardless! These were some hard little buggers.

"Dad, my nasturtiums are coming up. Don't mistake them for weeds and pull them out."

"Okay, I won't."

Can you guess what happened next?!

It's not hard, honest!

Next time I'm putting up a fucking sign. With a diagram. And a warning in big red letters.

If a person is going to disregard a request, or not do as they promise, why promise it in the first place? Why not just be honest and say "Look, I'll probably forget anyway." Atleast then you know to put down warning signs and post it notes all over the place. I really feel let down when a person promises something nice or positive and then just changes their mind, forgets or buggers off.

Atleast I've still got one left, hidden all by himself at the back, like a lone soldier hidden from the battlefield. Waiting, growing, plotting...
Ploe
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 02:00:42 AM »

Right, remind me to clock him next time I'm 'round visiting. Our Uncle Nat won't be too pleased, nor will our Great Uncle Barney. My plan is to plant nodes deep into your beloved nasturtium patch, and wire them to a large klaxon. Once one of your lovely petalled critters are rooted from their compost home the siren will blare and perhaps scare your Pa (or other members of the family) into shitting himself hard, and he'll have to go inside to sort out his pant mess.

Alternatively you could go stroppy and quiet, and then some time after the event nag! That's what women are good at.
Vix0r
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 02:04:45 AM »

Why yes indeedy. Not something to be proud of really, but it is true...

I've got plenty more seeds to try again next year, or those plants to plant instead if Mr Goldberg and you are so generous as to donate them and bring them up on the train, respectively. Then that wee one wouldn't be alone.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 02:09:44 AM by Vix0r » Logged
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 01:30:37 PM »

All I can say is...Nat Goldberg wants to pay him a visit...
Aristotle Shostakovich
Arthur Miller

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 10:03:32 AM »

seems to me that daddy was duty bound, could ave been worse, "a ganja field"...........hope yer still love him;

nic

my legs just don't work on monday's
Flying_whizzabe
Arthur Miller

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 08:15:46 PM »

Your poor babies Sad

That would piss me off. Sometimes I will mop the bathroom and tell my brother that if he needs to use the said bathrom he needs to BEFORE I start cleaning the floor, always on cue ten minutes after I have started mopping he knocks on the door asking to use the bathroom. mucky feet on the floor Sad. Thats not listening.... 
Vix0r
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 10:10:32 PM »

It is indeed, and infuriating I assume! I always manage to pick exactly after the cake shop assistant has mopped the floor to put my rubbish in the bins at the back at work. I feel so guilty, but it just can't be helped. I can't even see round there from my bit!
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 02:15:11 PM »

People who visit me are under strict orders to de-shoe, de bag, decoat in the hallway. Do they listen ?  No they render my lounge to a left luggage dept. Next one to do it gets sent out and told  to come back in and do it again properly. It's a good way of subjugating your guests before they even try anything. They can't get far without shoes. Or clothes. Else it's a full strip search at the doorway.
Ploe
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 01:45:29 AM »

I'm a person that surrounds himself in clutter, little bits of everything piled about me. I often tell people not to move stuff, but they bloody well do anyway. However I also don't listen to them when they ask me to tidy up.
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 11:18:27 AM »

Yes.  It has been noticed.
Vix0r
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 11:48:22 AM »

Heheheh.

I also like surrounding myself in clutter. It means everything is at hand. When I ever do tidy up I invariably end up not knowing where anything I need is for the next few weeks until the clutter spreads back out and things start appearing again. Being tidy is only useful for making a place look neat, being cluttered is practical.
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 12:29:34 PM »

Yes and you as well young lady.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: