Unquiet Desperation
January 20, 2019, 05:59:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
News: Post in our Creative Philosophy board... if you can.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Pull your head out of the sand.  (Read 10127 times)
Will
Henry David Thoreau

Everything is Irrelative.

« on: May 16, 2008, 04:20:35 PM »

Not to try to dwell on the subject, but I also get annoyed when someone tells me that Islamic fascists want us all (the West) dead because we are free.  By saying this, they imply that terrorism has nothing to do with our military meddling in their affairs with Palestine and such.  It has nothing to do with our world leaders using our soldiers as fodder for their own pocket books.  They say this continually despite what bin laden says:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24656757/

“To Western nations ... this speech is to understand the core reason of the war between our civilization and your civilizations. I mean the Palestinian cause,” said bin Laden in the close to 10 minute audiotape.

“The Palestinian cause is the major issue for my (Islamic) nation. It was an important element in fueling me from the beginning and the 19 others with a great motive to fight for those subjected to injustice and the oppressed,” added bin Laden.

I guess this is just a political ploy to hide their true motives of hating us for our freedom.  I don't doubt that they hate our way of life, but to say that this is their motivation for committing terrorist acts, and that it has nothing to do with our corrupt, greedy, elected officials who are in bed with our corrupt, greedy, CEO's is just an insult to my intelligence. 

I think, therefore I'm lost.
Ploe
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 09:56:28 AM »

I think we should dwell on it, by making this a seperate topic.
Will
Henry David Thoreau

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 02:25:55 PM »

I met a girl one night a few years ago at a bar.  She was beyond drunk, but in a good way.  She started telling the whole bar how George W. Bush saved all our lives.  Her southern accent is one of the worst I've heard, and I'm from the south.  Then she reached in her purse and pulled out a picture of Dubya she had in a little plastic sleeve by her checkbook.  A friend of mine and I had to leave because we couldn't stop laughing.   

keysersose
Ernest Hemingway

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 03:06:14 PM »

...I also get annoyed when someone tells me that Islamic fascists want us all (the West) dead because we are free.  By saying this, they imply that terrorism has nothing to do with our military meddling in their affairs with Palestine and such.  It has nothing to do with our world leaders using our soldiers as fodder for their own pocket books.  They say this continually despite what bin laden says:

Come on, Will, quoting that butcher Bin Laden? Who's next, Pol Pot? I've no love for the crazy neo-cons, but why treat them with suspicion and take what this scumbucket says as gospel?

Indeed, I quote the editorial of issue 2.1 of our very own UD on this:

Those that would subordinate us to the prosecution of an endless war must be guarded against, while their targets are truly monstrous. Radical islamists such as Al Qaeda and their myriad petty allies should not be mistaken for anything other than a millenarian death cult that would reduce our society to rubble if it had the means.

I don't support and never have supported our Mesopotamian military adventure, but we have to recognise that people like Bin Laden use western policy as an excuse for their despicable acts, not a motivation.

I too am annoyed, at those on the left who rightly castigate our leaders for the worst of their actions, but let similar or worse atrocities by Islamist terrorists slip by without a word.

Keyserrrrr.

Under neon loneliness, motorcycle emptiness.
Will
Henry David Thoreau

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 03:26:04 PM »

Don't be mistaken; I'll rail on radical Islam too.  I know it's a two way street, but at least I know bin Laden's my enemy. Wink

I don't doubt these Islamic cum-dumpsters would love to wipe us off the earth just for the sake of their religious perversions, but to tell me that it has nothing to...well as I said earlier
to do with our world leaders using our soldiers as fodder for their own pocket books
is just asking me to go against every sane and logical thought I have.  I'm not giving anyone a free pass, but I think in this instance, hearing it from the horse's mouth is more reliable than the spawn of President CIA. 

If you want to start a thread about radical Islam and how they suck too, then I'll contribute.  I'll even draw a picture of a bunch of little Mohammed's in a circle jerk if I've led you to believe I sympathize with the murderous enemy.  I just find being lied to by my fellow countrymen infuriating, especially when its for their benefit at my expense.  Gotta keep that defense budget up you know.       

Ploe
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 12:01:44 AM »

but at least I know bin Laden's my enemy. Wink

Define enemy, I've always found the term patchy.
Will
Henry David Thoreau

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 02:32:17 PM »

Well according to Merriam-Webster,
1: one that is antagonistic to another; especially : one seeking to injure, overthrow, or confound an opponent2: something harmful or deadly <alcohol was his greatest enemy>3 a: a military adversary b: a hostile unit or force

But I’m sure you’re more interested in my definition.  To me, an enemy is anyone whose will is to deprive me of my natural rights, or what I feel are my natural rights (which is best captured by the saying “your rights end where another’s begins”).  In this case, bin Laden would like to take my life, therefore he is an enemy of mine.  Bush and his cronies have hijacked their respective political party and continue to gain influence through the continued manipulation of the masses, myself included.  Were their goal a righteous one, I might could look the other way.  Since it’s one of profit through fear and war, I see Bush as an enemy too. 

It’s almost like a new cold war (except this one is a little warmer) where having enemies is in ambition’s best interest.  We’re not going after bin Laden anymore, if we ever were.  He was the best thing that happened to the neocons, and vice versa.  They now have a slippery slope to rely on whenever their motives are questioned.  Take the slippery slopes, throw in some red herrings, and we’re in Iraq...for some reason no longer concerned with bin Laden. 

If I thought our government was acting in the best interests of the people, then I would not consider them an enemy.

GhostofKidneyStonesPassed
Marlon Brando

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 04:30:45 PM »

I too am annoyed, at those on the left who rightly castigate our leaders for the worst of their actions, but let similar or worse atrocities by Islamist terrorists slip by without a word.

One of many hypocrisies of the left indeed.  I think the thing that gets my goat the most about the whole war on terror is the politics of it.  Of course as a traditional conservative, I despise liberals and the new Republican party, or the neocons.  Watching them debate this issue back and forth makes my blood pressure soar as I believe not a single one knows anything of what they speak.  The shills on the radio are just as bad.  Oh well, just another day...   
James
Marlon Brando

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 10:25:42 AM »

Well even the CIA and the 911 commission reports admitted that a it is blowback from what we've done. Ron Paul said it best, "they came over here because we've been attacking them over there for the last ten years." They issued a fatwa in 1996 and 1998 saying they would declare a jihad if we didn't quit fucking with them. The stuff about them hating freedom is nonsense created by the pentagon because obviously they're not about to tell us the truth because we would riot. It's for the public's safety(sarcasm)
James
Marlon Brando

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 10:46:48 AM »

Well according to Merriam-Webster,
1: one that is antagonistic to another; especially : one seeking to injure, overthrow, or confound an opponent2: something harmful or deadly <alcohol was his greatest enemy>3 a: a military adversary b: a hostile unit or force

But I’m sure you’re more interested in my definition.  To me, an enemy is anyone whose will is to deprive me of my natural rights, or what I feel are my natural rights (which is best captured by the saying “your rights end where another’s begins”).  In this case, bin Laden would like to take my life, therefore he is an enemy of mine.  Bush and his cronies have hijacked their respective political party and continue to gain influence through the continued manipulation of the masses, myself included.  Were their goal a righteous one, I might could look the other way.  Since it’s one of profit through fear and war, I see Bush as an enemy too. 

It’s almost like a new cold war (except this one is a little warmer) where having enemies is in ambition’s best interest.  We’re not going after bin Laden anymore, if we ever were.  He was the best thing that happened to the neocons, and vice versa.  They now have a slippery slope to rely on whenever their motives are questioned.  Take the slippery slopes, throw in some red herrings, and we’re in Iraq...for some reason no longer concerned with bin Laden. 

If I thought our government was acting in the best interests of the people, then I would not consider them an enemy.

Bin Laden's just a boogeyman they're using to scare us. He's doesn't even have 9/11 listed as one of his crimes by the fbi, when asked they have admitted they don't have any evidence that he did it. The evidence the media totes is a video of a fat bin laden, wearing jewelry, and writing with the wrong hand which they conveniently found in somebody's basement shortly after we invaded Afghanistan. You have to remember Bin Laden was a known CIA operative. The CIA created Al-Qaeda and the Taliban and many other groups that were then "revolutionary groups" and are now "terrorists" unbelievably they did so by importing illegal drugs into our country and selling them to us(see Iran-contra, it's declassified). I don't even know if Bin Laden's alive considering that Benazir Bhutto said the day before she was assassinated that Omar Sheikh "murdered him" on the bbc (which was edited out of the supposed live video before it was aired btw). I tend to believe people who say something and die shortly thereafter. Our government is obviously acting as terrorists because they use fear as a tool to manipulate us and are treating us as the enemy, namely through psychological operations and by stifling dissent with gestapo-like intimidation tactics.
Will
Henry David Thoreau

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 01:46:54 PM »

I tend to believe people who say something and die shortly thereafter.

I would take Bhutto's word against Bush or OBL.  I think it was her innocent (hopefully not deceiving) eyes.  Your anger is very refreshing BTW.

Ploe
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 07:26:23 PM »

As Rufus Shinra once stated, you don't need money to rule the world. Only fear. Or something to that effect. By scaring the shit out of the dumb proles, giving them abstract enemies that want to kill them just because they exist, you can offer them protection.

Every fucker on this planet is a nutjob though. There's no such thing as conventional.
Will
Henry David Thoreau

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 07:54:22 PM »

Every fucker on this planet is a nutjob though. There's no such thing as conventional.

True, but at least some nutjobs scream peace and love with bloodshot eyes.  Those nutjobs make the world a better place, at least most of the time. 

Maybe if someone could convince us all that extraterrestrials want us dead, we could unite as a planet.   

Ploe
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 05:23:38 PM »

No because there're people that'd side with the aliens, saying they're here to liberate us and make us one with them.
James
Marlon Brando

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2008, 07:29:28 AM »

They could conceivably try this. The UFOs aren't provably from another planet, they're not seen going or coming from outerspace but rather military facilities and the ocean. It's likely an elaborate psychological operation to conceal whatever it is they're actually doing(who knows you could only theorize). Ah well, there's a lot of nutty theories out there, I might as well add to the pile that may not be too far out there for ya. They're kidnapping people and doing weirdo experiments.
Will
Henry David Thoreau

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2008, 01:40:06 PM »

They're kidnapping people and doing weirdo experiments.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ogXJ7YBb3NE&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ogXJ7YBb3NE&rel=0</a>

Ploe
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2008, 05:41:31 PM »

You on about milabs, huh? That's where the military are apparently abducting slumbering people, and training them for the apocalypse/paradigm shift.
James
Marlon Brando

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2008, 05:11:48 PM »

I'm not into UFO stuff and won't usually talk about it, but I have seen official information from NASA, government documents, things witnesses and even government officials have said but it seems to me something that makes thinking people seem crazy,

For instance look into William Cooper. Government whistle blower but he gets into all of this stuff about UFOs and seems like a lunatic. He later said, not too long before his death(shot by undercover cops on his property - 2 days after he said he thought the government was planning a flase flag operation that they'd blame on Osama Bin Laden) that he realized all of the government documents he had access to about aliens were an elaborate psyop.
Jay
Percy Bysshe Shelley

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 01:19:38 PM »

UFO's eh....who have you been talking to I wonder Ploe ?  Me or Him ? Or maybe Them ?
Vix0r
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 07:07:46 PM »

People have been developing flying saucers since atleast the second world war. There is video evidence. After so many years it would not be unreasonable to assume we have now got the means of building ones that can fly in the sky quite well. So I also tend to think of the military when someone mentions a UFO and means flying saucer.

Also, why does everyone think aliens have to be intelligent life? Especially intelligent life trying to come here? Which alot of people scoff at and alot of people whimper over in delight/fear.

It makes much more sense, and is far more exciting to me, to think of aliens in the sense of primitive life developing on other planets. Imagine if we could see that? Alien fish, swimming around in their habitats on another planet altogether! Amazing!

Anyone any idea if that idea for sending a camera shuttle to the planet's moon with all the ice over the ocean is going to get the go ahead? I heard it involved using a nucleur blast to get through the ice, which I'm not so sure about, but it would be fascinating to see what it found, even if just rocks or plant life.

I know I've gone completely off topic, so sorry, but it's the first time I've been interested in what's being said here =p
Will
Henry David Thoreau

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2008, 02:03:56 PM »

Maybe we should split the topic as I enjoy theorizing (or is it hypothesizing?) about alien life too.  I am a panspermist after all. 

Vix0r
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2008, 03:09:10 PM »

What's panspermistic? o.o

And yes, topic about aliens please! Shall I start it?
Ploe
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2008, 03:11:30 PM »

If you're wanting to start it in The Mob, make sure it's ranty. It's too civil in here.
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2008, 12:31:06 PM »

Civil eh ? Don't talk to me about civility, old Uncle barney used to say to me, "Nat always be civil." And we were...civil to people, animals and insects. Only one rule. Uncle Barney didn't take too kindly to long haired net ferrets. Uncle Barney didn't bear grudges. Didn't need to. Not when he'd finished with them...one of each with extra scraps from the local chippy, bob on a steak and kidney pudding wudya darling...wait round the corner... and SPLAT !! In the face newsprint an' all ! And oi voi what did ya see but the cuplrit clutching his face in pain , the victim of a steak and kidney pudding basin facing splat... 
Will
Henry David Thoreau

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2008, 08:09:21 PM »

What's panspermistic? o.o

When I say I'm a panspermist, I really just mean I think that it's highly plausible (the notion we descended from intergalactic, single cell stardust via comet or something similar smashing into the earth, and what is previously dormant life [on the comet] becomes active in the presence of water and the earth's pro-life atmosphere [evil earth]).  At least that's my take on the theory or hypothesis or whatever.   

And yes, topic about aliens please! Shall I start it?

I'd participate.   

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: