Unquiet Desperation
March 26, 2019, 11:17:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
News: Post in our Creative Philosophy board... if you can.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Respond you! + I am sick of seeing my name in the right hand margin  (Read 19213 times)
Ploe
« on: May 05, 2008, 10:58:49 PM »

One thing that winds my bollocks off is when no fucker replies to a topic that somebody has lovingly crafted. Whether it be poem or elsewise, people need their virtual tails petting, preferably HARD!

We're all part of this community to talk lark, so why in shitting crikey aren't we? Are you going to let some poor sod fizzle and fade just because you don't want to offend? Well fuck you!

Mankind have two rational fears, being alone and death. If a man is completely alone, he won't fear death. And vice versa. So do you want to be directly responsible for suicide?

Answer me, you inspired misanthrope!
The Bolshevik Dandy
Pablo Picasso

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 11:11:38 PM »

i fear only desolation

Come Slowly Eden.
Vix0r
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 11:14:20 PM »

Awww, you spoiled it =p

I was going to tease him if nobody replied to his rant on how nobody replies. Ahohoho!
Ploe
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 11:23:16 PM »

Neither your answers satisfy, try harder.
Vix0r
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 11:35:53 PM »

I have no effort in me tonight. Make me an answer and I'll repeat it back to you.
Ploe
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 11:37:14 PM »

Can we have people respond on topic, please? Come on, back on track kids...
Will
Henry David Thoreau

Everything is Irrelative.

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 02:09:06 PM »

Mankind have two rational fears, being alone and death. If a man is completely alone, he won't fear death. And vice versa.

I think man is completely alone.  I mean, you are all here for my amusement and to facilitate my evolution.  None of you are real outside my head.  I guess if you could destroy my imagination, then I would be alone. 

The only reason I fear death is because I don't completely understand it.  Sometimes I wish I was never born, but I never wish to die.  So I guess my main beef with death is the chance of drawn out pain and agony.  I must be pretty irrational.   

So do you want to be directly responsible for suicide?

That's some shifty language.  Of course my obvious response is the only suicide I can be directly responsible for is my own, and I'm too cowardly to kill myself.  So no, but if I'm indirectly responsible for the suicide of others, I call that a blessing from gawd.   

I think, therefore I'm lost.
keysersose
Ernest Hemingway

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 01:11:25 AM »

Ploe Johnson is right!

Where the fuck are you all? I thought this was supposed to be a forum thronged by souls of fire and sword and piss and vinegar! Instead we get a few limp replies, like farts from a tired asshole, about meh and bleh and this and that.

Post! Post, you fucks! Post here and everywhere in this forum! Post until your fingers bleed dark bitter blood!

Keyserrrrr.

Under neon loneliness, motorcycle emptiness.
Ploe
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 02:09:01 AM »

Finally, somebody with some bones! Listen to keyser, he knows what he is talking about. Why are you still reading? You could be dead by the end of this sentence. GO! Post something meaningful!
Vix0r
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 06:53:04 PM »

Hypocrites, the lot of you. You want fire and blood and bones? I seem to turn into a bit of a bitch on here and so what you get from me essentially is fire and blood. It makes you feel shit, it makes me feel shit, and it leaves me wondering what on earth has happened.

You don't want blood. You want pats on the back. Whenever criticism appears, it is met with excuses of "well, that's how I Write" or "that's what I felt". You couldn't handle fire and blood.
keysersose
Ernest Hemingway

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 10:02:03 PM »

Hypocrites, the lot of you. You want fire and blood and bones? I seem to turn into a bit of a bitch on here and so what you get from me essentially is fire and blood. It makes you feel shit, it makes me feel shit, and it leaves me wondering what on earth has happened.

You don't want blood. You want pats on the back. Whenever criticism appears, it is met with excuses of "well, that's how I Write" or "that's what I felt". You couldn't handle fire and blood.

Heh. Must admit, have some sympathy for what you say here, Vix0r. Quite a few on this site are only prepared to accept constructive criticism if it's positive... and then it's not really constructive criticism, is it?

On your first point, there's a difference between fire and blood as passion for art and being simply mean-spirited. Whatever your intention, when you're - as you say - being a bitch it seems all too often to be the latter. You might not mean it, but if that's what people perceive then it's perhaps unsurprising that they react badly. If they thought your words were down to the former, I doubt so many hackles would be raised.

Still, your posts always entertain and it's not evryone we can say that about.  Cheesy

Keyserrrrr.

Under neon loneliness, motorcycle emptiness.
Vix0r
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 10:10:11 PM »

Yes, good point.

I was having a conversation on QS about perception and the way things we say can be taken differently by different people and in different situations. It's especially hard online or in letters or books as it's the reader who has to make up their own mind about what emotion or meaning is being portrayed. I suppose it shows good writing if you can get across exactly what you mean. But then, people always say writing should be interpreted in your own way....

Hmm. I seem to have found a contradiction that perplexes me....

Will
Henry David Thoreau

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 04:27:44 PM »

Ploe Johnson is right!

Where the fuck are you all? I thought this was supposed to be a forum thronged by souls of fire and sword and piss and vinegar! Instead we get a few limp replies, like farts from a tired asshole, about meh and bleh and this and that.

Post! Post, you fucks! Post here and everywhere in this forum! Post until your fingers bleed dark bitter blood!

Keyserrrrr.

So we're supposed to have a piss and vinegar reply to this?

Mankind have two rational fears, being alone and death. If a man is completely alone, he won't fear death. And vice versa. So do you want to be directly responsible for suicide?

Perhaps something worthy of piss and vinegar be introduced before piss and vinegar are expected.  Maybe it's just me, but I don't see how anyone could get passionately angry discussing something such as this.

Vix0r
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 07:27:59 PM »

I don't imagine piss and vinegar to be a very nice combination. Where on earth did you come up with such a phrase from?
Will
Henry David Thoreau

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 07:48:58 PM »

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/145600.html

The earliest citation we've found is from 1938 in John Steinbeck's, The Grapes of Wrath:

Grampa walked up and slapped Tom on the chest, and his eyes grinned with affection and pride. "How are ya, Tommy?"
    "O.K.," said Tom. "How ya keepin' yaself?"
    "Full a piss an' vinegar," said Grampa.

Vix0r
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 08:58:15 PM »

Hmmm, I may have to read this book. It looks full of fire and fun, if it is as funny as that small part.
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2008, 04:19:57 PM »

Ah respond to despond !!! I've handcrafted many an erudite message in my time and it's like taking lunch in the bone orchard. The punters are far too busy indulging their own indulgences to the exclusion of me and the rest of the known Quantum Multiverse. You'd get more bravado from a Bren Gun.

Oi by the way Ploe - man what happend to your left eyeball, what are you smokin' and why are you twitching ?  Avatar Shmavatar !! Respond already
The Bolshevik Dandy
Pablo Picasso

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 08:40:14 AM »

He's smoking a cig,
It's a monacle cause he's a cyber aristocrat.
Earl Ploe of motherboard-ha!

Come Slowly Eden.
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 01:04:55 PM »

Maybe he should borrow your Brylcreem my Bolshy brother   Wink
Ploe
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 10:08:56 PM »

and why are you twitching

I got lazy with the animation and I forgot to prolong the blink. Now back on topic y'hear?
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2008, 03:08:49 PM »

Hear ya ? Ploe  the canyons echo with your command !!! Now where were we ? Responding ...if I may bring in a link to something related it's a bit like putting your all into a love letter and then waiting days as Mr. Postman brings you nothing in return . Is the net any different ? I think not. Why ? People. They're behind every fountain pen and every keyboard. Sometimes. When they can be bothered.

...it's a bit like having enthusiasm for a particular book you've read, trying to share that with a friend thrusting said book into their hand screaming READ IT !!! READ IT !!! THIS WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE !!!Weeks pass....friend finally reappears...still hasn't read your book...

I mean what's the holdup ?     A COSMIC TOP SECRET Huh     Wink
Vix0r
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2008, 11:06:49 PM »

Thrusting books at people is futile I find. Or thrusting books at me. People like to discover things in their own time. No need for rush really.
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2008, 12:36:00 PM »

Not sure about that Vixy....we got four years left to go apparently...Mr.Ploe knows the exact date, but I'll let him thread that up in his own good time....if we're still here...

...when yer ready Ploesy ....  it's hurtling towards us as I type....      Shocked

But roll a cig and ava cuppa first....

Dont worry. It's only Armageddon.

Ploe
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2008, 12:47:27 PM »

But roll a cig and ava cuppa first....

Dont worry. It's only Armageddon.

Sounds about right.
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2008, 04:43:08 PM »

Ahh Ploesy Shmoesy get behind that lectern man fellah and recite us some book of Revelation before the DOOM decsends...you know that's why you're here...

(no copyright on the Bible ...authors are all long dead)...
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: