Unquiet Desperation
August 24, 2019, 07:58:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
News: Post in our Creative Philosophy board... if you can.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Unrequited Love and Lust...  (Read 19267 times)
The Bolshevik Dandy
Pablo Picasso

« on: April 15, 2008, 07:40:42 PM »

The best inspirations???

Come Slowly Eden.
~vxn~
Herman Melville

beware the vxn

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 08:25:22 PM »

torture often is--pain.  hurt.  sure, not getting laid (unrequited lust) can count as a torment of the worst kind.  unrequited love is definitely up there on the scale of good excuses to write a literary masterpiece.

another glowing exit sign and me with no way out
carter
Gladiator
Cicero

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 12:07:55 AM »

I can honestly say that my own particular infestation of unrequieted love has done nothing but stymie my attempts to write. To paraphrase ellington, 'I've got it bad, and that ain't good'.

Carter.

Carter 4 Maxxie Oliver
Will
Henry David Thoreau

Everything is Irrelative.

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 02:05:15 AM »

Anything that emotional can be inspiring, but I guess it doesn't work for everyone.  Unrequited love is the reason I started writing.   

I think, therefore I'm lost.
JB
Stanley Kubrick

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 02:10:10 AM »

i think unrequited love is a better stimulus for writing, the same as sadness is a better stimulus than happiness. writing about people being happy is boring, after all. that's a very simplistic way to put it, but still.... tho like salinger says, a very happy prose writer is a very draining person to be around, cos he's so happy he's writing about sadness so well. or something like that.
Ploe
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 02:25:01 AM »

I'm so glad Ted Hughes is dead.
The Bolshevik Dandy
Pablo Picasso

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 12:10:50 PM »

So am I

Come Slowly Eden.
RollingBrianJones
Stanley Kubrick

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 10:29:18 PM »

I tend to write due to indifference... though my indifference makes me sad... I read all these poems and think wow I should feel like that... I did once... I'm starting to sound like the old crazy guy from one of those happy American films where nothing really happens. So I will stop.

RBJ

I'd be a dog, a monkey, or a bear,
Or anything but that vain animal,
Who is so proud of being rational.
pease-smith
Stanley Kubrick

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 11:17:55 AM »

My lifes one giant mess of unrequited love. I don't have one positive experience where things haven't been torture and inner pain. I'd rather not be in this current state has it is eating away at me and driving me to more and more extreme bouts of depression and madness. Falling into an hole of loneliness. I write my shittest stuff. With hope and futures my stuff may still be shit but i have a sense of confidence and belief and see things clearer, i also write about interesting things, more so than this animal feeling that has been thrown up by writers for centuries. Unrequited love is the biggest pain.

I need someone to wake up for.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 11:24:00 AM by pease-smith » Logged
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 03:35:52 PM »

Hello and happy Shabusters to all !! Nat Goldberg here making my first posting from lurker to schmurker in a coupla keystrokes, saying hello to all you nice boys and girls out there in poet land. Ahh ! Inner Pain and Torment eh ? Where would we be without it ? I ask you. My old Aunt Flo used to say to me , "Simey! There's no pain without gain!" or something. There was I just a deckchair attendant one minute and a Merchant Stockbroker the next. The third world may not be happy with my methods but who's countin ? My Bank Manager - that's who !!! But seriously boys and girls I ask you. Pain Shmain - to get the gain you have to give the pain. Giving and receiving. It's a double edged sword flailed in fury and blunt as bunny's bum. Agggh ! Gerraway ! I'm here already !
~vxn~
Herman Melville

beware the vxn

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 11:30:49 PM »

that entertained me.  (might be the liquor talking.  lol.)

Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2008, 01:38:12 PM »

Entertaining a nice young lady's my speciality Trixy Vixy...hear move over love you're crackin' a rib...things my sofa's been witness to don't bear writing about but it's all in day's pain and a night's gain and the never ending rain. Hope you're having something nice for Sunday dinner dolly mixture !! Gesundheit !
~vxn~
Herman Melville

beware the vxn

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 04:36:01 PM »

i laughed thinking about the things my own sofa has witnessed.  ('tis better to rent a room rather than spoil the sanctity of my own bed [and/or sofa]... remember to tip the cleaning lady.)

Ploe
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 03:10:23 PM »

To love someone and not be loved back, is a simple pain in the arse. It dominates your thoughts and when you realise they don't actually like you in that way it leaves that cold grief all in your body with a hefty package of denial.
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2008, 03:12:22 PM »

Yea verily...just reminded me of a poem I wrote about such an animal years ago which I'll post up here.
Jay
Percy Bysshe Shelley

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2008, 09:10:11 PM »

Put simply, there is a strange magic in the painfully unattainable. But is the best art borne of unrequited love? The poet Petrarch accidentally created a poetic form (his own type of sonnet) off the back of his unfulfilled crush, and the singer Daniel Johnston has made an entire career of singing about a girl called Laurie who he fell in love with at college and who went off with an undertaker. If the best art does come from this pain, I think part of its success it that its cathartic to a reader - horrid as it sounds, reading about someone else's pain is somehow hope-giving: there but for the grace of God...
Jay
Percy Bysshe Shelley

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2008, 09:10:59 PM »

It is also a royal pain in the arse.
samuel
Sir Isaac Newton

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2008, 11:03:39 PM »

Art created through such a selfish grief is always timeless... these feelings will always be rife and so any generation can relate..

I always find that I throw away my inhibitions when in such a rut, it's like an intoxicant that envelopes the mind numbing the pain of this purgatory of normality I find myself in. The stench of everyday bullshit can be blinding, at least the heartache is enough to crack the daub of regularity and plunge you into a cesspit of obsession with that you cant touch...

I fucking love it.
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2008, 04:30:45 PM »

Requited lust.... Grin

There's another matter   "Delta of Venus" by Anais Nin is probably one of the most horniest literary concotions  available   .... a collection of short stories examining virtually every erotic permutation available. A semantic work.

Utter Filth....marvellous !!!
~vxn~
Herman Melville

beware the vxn

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2008, 11:01:36 PM »

the second chapter of each of my books (or most, at least) is my lust chapter.  the last book being particularly filthy. 

Will
Henry David Thoreau

Everything is Irrelative.

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2008, 02:51:19 PM »

I think part of its success it that its cathartic to a reader - horrid as it sounds, reading about someone else's pain is somehow hope-giving:

Usually it makes me think that my real life problems are nothing compared to what this guy/gal wrote about (even if it has nothing to do with love).  But then it also makes me think I have no business creating anything until I go  out and get my heart broken.

I think, therefore I'm lost.
~vxn~
Herman Melville

beware the vxn

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2008, 01:57:33 AM »

i'll do it. 

i am a serial heart breaker.  and a bastard.   Kiss

Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2008, 10:27:13 AM »

Are you proud of that Vixen ?
~vxn~
Herman Melville

beware the vxn

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2008, 06:03:08 PM »

it's unintentional--i have some issues with commitment.  they say, "i love you."  i pack their bags.  i saw my parents' marriage.  i want no part of that.  no one will have power over me, except me.  in my defense--i have been in a very long relationship (i just won't tie the noose, er... knot).

the bastard part?  hell yes, i'm proud of that.  i rather like standing up for myself and telling ppl to piss off.  could i be nicer?  probably. 

Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2008, 02:15:40 PM »

Vixen...the more i read of you the more I like of you....and I think you deserve a holiday in the UK  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: