Unquiet Desperation
October 18, 2017, 03:38:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
News: Post in our Creative Philosophy board... if you can.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: What Do You Hope To Personally Achieve Or Attain From Your Art?/  (Read 11664 times)
The Bolshevik Dandy
Pablo Picasso

« on: March 28, 2008, 08:22:53 PM »

Personally I'm Hoping to achieve 'something' but I don't know what it is.
I'm Hoping that you're Artistic goals may help me realise mine.
Thanks.

Discuss Folks

Bx

Come Slowly Eden.
keysersose
Ernest Hemingway

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 11:04:42 PM »

First thing I want to do when I write is come up with something worth the paper it's written on. Surprisingly difficult as I constantly hold my words against the greats like Bukowski, Corso, Whitman and Rimbaud. And that's the other thing - that little French fucker was a better poet at 16 than I'll ever be. Gaul-ing, really...

Keyserrrrr.

Under neon loneliness, motorcycle emptiness.
The Bolshevik Dandy
Pablo Picasso

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 12:59:10 AM »

Yeh.
True,funny and yet morbidly depressing,especially when you consider how he squandered his talent...lthough he did  ake Paul Verlaine carry a decicdely ocky smile for a lil while huh?

Come Slowly Eden.
RollingBrianJones
Stanley Kubrick

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 03:10:26 AM »

This q. made me think a bit... materiallistically I would love to be able to live from something I've written- be it poem/novel or music.

Self satisfaction is a huge factor too; whether or not other people appreciate anything I've written means nothing if I think it's rubbish. Though it's an awesome feeling when you think something is good- then others do too.

Rimbaud- why do they all die young!?

I'd be a dog, a monkey, or a bear,
Or anything but that vain animal,
Who is so proud of being rational.
Ploe
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 01:39:33 PM »

Self satisfaction is a huge factor too; whether or not other people appreciate anything I've written means nothing if I think it's rubbish.

Me too. It's the only reason I write.
The Bolshevik Dandy
Pablo Picasso

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 06:53:50 PM »

I'd be shocked into shame....but I think this is kind of what I do...

Come Slowly Eden.
~vxn~
Herman Melville

beware the vxn

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 05:25:14 PM »

what do i want ot achieve?

peace.

another glowing exit sign and me with no way out
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 01:53:32 PM »

Ahhhh!!! Peace Shmeace !!! One man's peace is another woman's rolling pin. Inner peace or outer peace ? My Uncle Barney used to say to me "Peace ? What is it ? It's a lost moment on a church pew, It's a crisp breeze and a morning view, it's that look on the bus from the woman you'll never see again, its a tidy draining board and a freshly vaccuumed hallway, it's  a rescued and revived potted plant from the reduced for quick sale shelf, it's a coffee at Costa's and and a lingering Goth. Some people they don't know what peace is...."  If you ask me it's unquietly desperately edging its way into the corner of the mind's eye...   Wink
~vxn~
Herman Melville

beware the vxn

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 04:33:34 PM »

(mostly, i just want to spell "to" correctly once in a while.)

peace to calm the dark from inside. 

peace.  an inner hush--just for a moment or two.   that short second of distraction. 

i couldn't find that peace yesterday walking 4 miles.  almost, but no.  writing helps. 

occasionally, someone will read my work and find something in it that brings them comfort.  i am glad for that--but write for far more selfish reasons.  i write to feel less alone.  i write to feel more alone. 

sometimes i am lucky enough to find peace writing...  (though vodka is quicker, i have found.) 

Vix0r
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 05:31:23 PM »

Enjoyment! Satisfaction, experience, inspiration for more... Umm....

I think people with good ideas, whether they be mathematical solutions or paintings or poems, are like volcanoes. If they don't let it out it'll make them explode. Pacheough! (That's the noise an exploding volcano. Spit a bit at the "ch" and you've got it.) There're things we just have to do, whether we do it well or not, but it's part of who we are and whoosh, it's fun.

~loves art a lot~
The Bolshevik Dandy
Pablo Picasso

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 07:56:49 AM »

Through Art one will find Peace

Come Slowly Eden.
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 12:52:07 PM »

Or angst ? Identity Crises ? Disenchantment with the world ? Fragmented realities ? Peace ? Try telling that to Joohn Clare who spent 23 years writing from a lunatic asylum, Tolstoy ending hsi days having metaphysical visions about potatoes...
samuel
Sir Isaac Newton

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 09:48:27 PM »

I'm a sell out and I dont care, I want to make a living from my 'art'.. it's always a pleasure selling a piece..

personally.. I'd like to get to a stage where I can draw/paint accurately without reference... that's when I'll feel a sense of acheivment.
Indigoblue
Sir Isaac Newton

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 11:56:39 PM »

I'd like to be able to have all of my artistic interests inform and support each other, instead of making me feel scattered and distracted and spread thin.

First and foremost I make art for myself.  To help me work through personal trauma, emotional baggage, etc etc....it comes from a personal place, as opposed to a social or political or cultural statement.  Although many times the personal becomes political depending on the context and what the viewer brings to it.  I guess I hope that I might help someone who is going through something similar.  And to help myself get to a healthier happier place.

As an artist I hope to be able to one day make a living from my art, and to be recognized as a valuable member of the community by my peers.  I don't want fame or fortune in any extreme sense.

Short term goals - to produce a short dance film, publish a book of poetry, to exhibit my paintings in a group gallery show, to exhibit my photography in a solo show, to figure out exactly what I want to say with my street-based stencil work and refine my methods of saying it. 
The Bolshevik Dandy
Pablo Picasso

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 02:00:16 AM »

Go On Indigo...anything else?

Come Slowly Eden.
michaelaaron
Virginia Woolf

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 01:10:36 AM »

one word and it might be cliche but I'll stick to it and it could literally be almost any type of... FREEDOM...
~vxn~
Herman Melville

beware the vxn

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 03:04:39 PM »

i'll second that, michael.

freedom, absolutely. 

Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 03:13:17 PM »

Freedom from what exactly ? You Americans use that term so loosely nobody quite knows what you mean by it anymore.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 03:28:20 PM by Mr. Goldberg » Logged
~vxn~
Herman Melville

beware the vxn

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2008, 02:58:04 AM »

i refer to freedom (in this case) as peace.  the peace that i spoke of a few posts up. 

Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2008, 11:36:39 AM »

Ok define peace ? And as long as there's greed, selfishness and power lust in the world , not to mention oil you can forget that.

Maybe peace behind your front door and your eyes...not much else.
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2008, 05:11:22 PM »

Maybe peace behind your front door and your eyes...not much else.

...and in your case Vix...that would be enough for me !  Kiss
~vxn~
Herman Melville

beware the vxn

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 09:06:19 PM »

oh, the inner turmoil of the dark from inside. 

i found a bit of peace last night--published "Virus".  ahh, that feels nice.  holy catharsis.

sadly, i have already started writing for the next collection--the dark never sleeps.

michaelaaron
Virginia Woolf

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2009, 02:03:38 AM »

Freedom from what exactly ? You Americans use that term so loosely nobody quite knows what you mean by it anymore.

K, mr. goldberg, i can see your point. i don't know what other american's are thinking, though peace (of mind) would be enough and that should be all encompassing. really it should. But for me, freedom would be living life naturally, that is, how I feel natural... doesn't mean I'd be free from problems, cuz i can't help what other people do and I can't help my mistakes, but like free to do as I please so long as its productive and hurts no one and a plus if it should help someone, but i think if anyone does what is natural to them it would be productive and it would help because people would be motivated to do it and would want others to join them. Cuz they'd be happy. point is everyone knows what is natural to them and if they just did that and minded their own business we'd all have peace, the ultimate freedom. yup yup

Cool
The Bolshevik Dandy
Pablo Picasso

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2009, 04:49:56 PM »

I want to acheive self satisfaction without having to touch myself...

Come Slowly Eden.
Null
Global Moderator
Sir Isaac Newton

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2009, 03:30:57 AM »

I write because I am on a mission. To remove the adversities and hardships of modern life. To correct the mistakes that idiots made before we were born. To serve those born after us.

the most painful but wonderful thing about literature is discovering someone else has managed to distill something better than you ever could.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: