Unquiet Desperation
August 11, 2020, 04:46:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
News: Post in our Creative Philosophy board... if you can.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Correct English and poet hate.  (Read 5403 times)
Vix0r
« on: March 09, 2008, 04:03:38 AM »

...taking cheap shots at each other isn't...

Vix0r: Your last few posts in this topic haven't contributed anything other than attempting to settle scores with other posters. You seem passionate about writing so time to change that, eh? Also, if you're going to thunder about the decline in standards of written English, you'd better be absolutely sure that yours is perfect. I can spot a couple of mistakes in your last post, and I myself interpreted '...none of you can actually "write"' to be an attack on the work people have submitted to this forum. Now you've explained I understand the point you're trying to make but this demonstrates that, as you say, nobody is perfect. Just dial it back a little and your message will be much more palatable.

I have a few points to make before I bugger off for good. Putting a person who hates poetry and poets in a forum full of them was perhaps not the best idea Myke ever had, nor I for that matter. I'm sure you will all be glad to see the back of me (and I you) and the points I was trying to make that you seemed to have missed heartily.

My point was exactly as the editor said: taking cheap shots at each other isn't fine. The way I see it, you should be supportive of one another to advance yourselves. If you don't like something, there's no need for mindless name calling. I found it amazing (not in the good way) when you started on him and even called him a "whore". He did well, what's the problem?

My way of going about trying to show you this wasn't nice, was by trying to point out your own shortcomings. Not everyone is perfect and it's not nice being slagged off. So don't do it to others or you will find that it will happen to you.

I don't know you so the only shortcoming I could find was your lack of typing skills (and by the way mister editor, it's not the fact they couldn't do it but more they didn't try. I spell horribly sometimes but I try and I'm proud of myself for it) which I found hilarious for a forum full of writers. Not in the bad way, mind. I was amused as it were, and wanted to make my point so that everyone might be nicer to each other. That was my intention but it seems to have been severely missed.

To be honest, I'm not actually passionate about writing. I don't have any respect for lazy typers, but that doesn't mean I don't like you for who you are. I was putting up with the spelling quite happily before you may have noticed. The only reason it was the content of my posts was to make my point: everyone has their own shortcomings but we should't dig at each other. We should try to see past it, support each other and be nice. Simple as. I guess fighting fire with fire really doesn't work, but I'd have felt worse for letting it lie.

Good for the guy who got published alot. That's something to show and be proud of.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 10:53:13 AM by Editor » Logged
Ploe
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 07:18:30 PM »

Sigh...
Will
Henry David Thoreau

Everything is Irrelative.

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 07:54:52 PM »

Poet hate?  In the spirit of Bill Hicks, lets go beyond poets.  People who hate people...come together. Grin

I think, therefore I'm lost.
moneycash
Michel de Montaigne

Rock the Biz

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 03:29:23 AM »

FIGHT! 

i've got my money on teh winner!

/\-..~..$..~..-/\
nauseamfromrum
Cicero

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 05:57:07 AM »

as the one who said "whore" i feel it is my obligation to post here. wasn't meant to be too serious,
and i'm pretty sure it has blown over by now, but sorry to anyone who was offended. and on the topic of correct english--i don't see the need to be grammatically perfect in a casual setting. i'm a big fan of the idea that a word can be understood as long as the first and last letters are placed correctly. and you gotta remember, you don't know who is drunk/high/tripping/whatever when they are posting.
Editor
Administrator
Charles Bukowski

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 10:53:01 AM »

Since the original poster has indicated elsewhere that she has no wish to inflame passions further, perhaps it's best we end on this note of sanity.

Carpe diem,

Mike,
Editor,
Unquiet Desperation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: