Unquiet Desperation
December 07, 2019, 06:16:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
News: Post in our Creative Philosophy board... if you can.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduce yourself..  (Read 78236 times)
Keith
Marlon Brando

« Reply #225 on: January 05, 2010, 06:11:18 PM »

I major in Programming on the security side of things. I finished my Associates degrees in basic software and hardware and i'm working on my bachelor's now. I'm on the first of four semesters for that. I'll be graduated with my bachelors about the same time I turn 21 lol. The sad side of all that is that you don't get to anything very in depth until the end. I just got out of network security though and I'm not allowed to play with the software at home, what fun is hacking stuff if you can't play with it.  Cry

Hey now, nothing wrong with a little interest in science. I'm a bit of a deep thinker myself, but I usually only ponder on questions with no answers. My favorite is "what is the meaning of life?" but, the only thing I have decided is that there is no meaning.

I take it most of this forum are people outside the US? That'd be great, nothing like a diversity of opinions to stimulate discussion and ideals.

"Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
Ploe
« Reply #226 on: January 06, 2010, 04:28:52 AM »

I'm a half arsed programmer. In other words everything I know is self taught and I'm not a very good teacher.

Welcome in to the fold.
Editor
Administrator
Charles Bukowski

« Reply #227 on: January 06, 2010, 09:41:32 AM »

Half arsed... self taught... not a very good teacher. Dread to think who your role model could have been.

Yes, Keith, most of the people here are from outside the US (apart from a few stout yeomen such as Will). This site's an offshoot of a UK-based poetry zine.

And if you're interested in the meaning of life and similar metaphysical concepts, start some discussions! I know a few here that'll gladly debate you. WA2, I mean you!
Ploe
« Reply #228 on: January 06, 2010, 11:17:04 AM »

How many autodidacts do you know that have good role models?
Editor
Administrator
Charles Bukowski

« Reply #229 on: January 06, 2010, 11:19:40 AM »

Oh, exactly. My point was that a certain Creative Writing teacher connected with this place shares those very same qualities...
~vxn~
Herman Melville

beware the vxn

« Reply #230 on: January 25, 2010, 05:43:13 PM »

welcome, keith...

another glowing exit sign and me with no way out
Joseph Wood
Andy Warhol

« Reply #231 on: March 29, 2010, 06:50:12 PM »

hi, i'm Joseph.  i'm in leeds and have been all the 23 years i've been alive.  i'm a writer.  i like to merge existentialism and surrealism to ask questions and explore ideas of philosophy, theology, all that good stuff.  like any writer i really want to get my work out there to be read and discussed.  i'm trying to find new ways to do this so i welcome anyone curious about my writing to get in touch or anyone with the means to put writing out into the world to get in touch also.

i mostly write short stories and prose pieces, by the way.
~vxn~
Herman Melville

beware the vxn

« Reply #232 on: April 01, 2010, 02:42:20 AM »

fabulous.  welcome, wood.  (yeah, take that however you want to... lol.  nice to see more fresh meat around here.)

another glowing exit sign and me with no way out
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
  Print  

Jump to: