Unquiet Desperation
January 23, 2019, 04:31:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
News: Post in our Creative Philosophy board... if you can.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Video highlighting to the masses the real BNP...  (Read 3643 times)
WA2
Emmeline Pankhurst

Degenerative Lucidity

« on: June 09, 2009, 11:02:40 AM »

After a discussion in the Mob (topic is here: http://unquietdesperation.co.uk/index.php/topic,2065.0.html) we have proposed that the entireity of UD collaborate topgther to create a video shoing the masses th errors of their ways.

We need to discuss who we're gonna work toghther, th points we're gonna make, and who's in. If you want to take part, tell us by ...23rd June perhaps? Two weeks from now? Obviously we're gonna have to do this pretty soon, before the generak elections I woul hope. With regards to marketing, we can all do our bit to gt it out there, and I knw people in the UAF (Unite Against Facism) and other groups.

We have a duty to ourselves, people who will suffer under the BNP, and most importantly, the people who have suffered under the Nzis and facists throughout the ages. We can do this. Grin

Failed, again.
Editor
Administrator
Charles Bukowski

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 12:33:08 PM »

I'm afraid this topic has to be locked. Although I sympathise with the impulse behind this project, it's not appropriate here. Why?

1) UD is a life/philosophy/arts/science board, not a venue for political organisation. While this can include rants about one political party or another, it precludes organising against and campaigns against any particular party. Frankly, we're above such petty considerations. Our considerations are eternity and the boundaries of existence, not the minutiae of the politics of one particular illusory nation state. This video crosses the line from art into direct political action, and is thus beyond our particular pale. Rant all you want, but keep it at that.

2) If we allowed political organisation from one perspective, we'd have to allow it from all, and that's something I'm not prepared to countenance. It would warp the fundamental nature of this site, and further would expose us to the possibility of some pretty grim organisations using us for their own ends. This would not be desirable.

I realise that many of you will be very unhappy at this decision, and would welcome a chance to air your thoughts. A discussion would be valuable, so anyone wishing to debate this is welcome to start a thread in the 'Feedback' section of 'The Community'. However, this thread is locked, and all future threads involving political organisation from any perspective will be locked also.

I'm off to strap on my tin hat. Fire away...

Mike,
Editor,
Unquiet Desperation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: