Unquiet Desperation
December 06, 2019, 07:34:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
News: Post in our Creative Philosophy board... if you can.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reject the fools!  (Read 5170 times)
keysersose
Ernest Hemingway

« on: January 25, 2008, 01:46:42 PM »

Taking a wild stab, I'd guess that most of us on here have had to deal with morons that don't understand why we love writing, music, art, film and all the rest so much. What's the point of painting and all that bilge.

Apart from telling them to copluate with themselves, should we take account of them? Should we worry about them, try to make them understand, try to make them see why we're so entranced?

Screw that. I say we treat those mental cockroaches with the contempt they deserve. They were born fools, they'll live as fools and they'll die like the fools that they are.

Let's save our sweat for making something that matters for people that aren't chumps.

Think I'm wrong? You know you all think the same!

Keyserrrrr.

Under neon loneliness, motorcycle emptiness.
Mew
Michel de Montaigne

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 06:35:13 PM »

I whole-heartedly agree with this, considering if the normal, old-fashioned, narrow-minded fuckface wants to call Andy Warhol a fag because he was an artist?  Or David Bowie (especially in the Ziggy days) a fruitcake  because he painted himself up?  I look up to artists of that sort, especially in the glam department, and it's what I grew up with.  I wouldn't be surprised if there was glitter in my blood, but I agree with Keyser.  Should the idiot come to grounds with the beauty around him, then more power to him/her....but if not, it's not worth the wasted effort to convince him/her otherwise of what they're seriously missing out on.

Mew (euthanasia)
moneycash
Michel de Montaigne

Rock the Biz

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 06:48:01 PM »

i take a different approach in life; i recognize the impotence in trying to talk to others who simply won't hear what i'm saying, but instead of leaving them in the ashes, i always try to find common ground with them.  i let them speak, and i actively listen, and since i'm so cool and well rounded, i can relate. 

i want to live in a society not where disperate ideas are treated with mutual respect, but one where various perspectives converge to form new ideas.  most people have rational reasons for their behaviors and thoughts.  it's the common ground that opens others to new ideas - and that goes both ways. 

/\-..~..$..~..-/\
The Bolshevik Dandy
Pablo Picasso

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 07:34:34 PM »

I detest most of those imbelic bastards.....thats why i isolate myself from then in a haze of solitude nd inebriation...

Come Slowly Eden.
carter
Gladiator
Cicero

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 01:46:26 AM »

Screw that. I say we treat those mental cockroaches with the contempt they deserve. They were born fools, they'll live as fools and they'll die like the fools that they are.

Let's save our sweat for making something that matters for people that aren't chumps.

Think I'm wrong? You know you all think the same!

I whole-heartedly agree with this, considering if the normal, old-fashioned, narrow-minded fuckface wants to call Andy Warhol a fag because he was an artist?  Or David Bowie (especially in the Ziggy days) a fruitcake  because he painted himself up?  I look up to artists of that sort, especially in the glam department, and it's what I grew up with.  I wouldn't be surprised if there was glitter in my blood, but I agree with Keyser.  Should the idiot come to grounds with the beauty around him, then more power to him/her....but if not, it's not worth the wasted effort to convince him/her otherwise of what they're seriously missing out on.

Come on, fellas... you can't seriously want to abandon a whole set of people. Don't get me wrong, I've met some morons in my time, but I've never not wanted to help them see that they don't have to be as they are.

Can appreciate your perspective, Daryll, but wouldn't you want those sorry misguided souls to see what Warhol, Bowie or whoever means to you? Sure, it might be tough, but if one redneck turns round isn't that worth it? Somehow I get the impression that you're the classic cynic. Its not that you don't care, it's that you once cared far too much and you've been disillusioned. Hope you get back to where you were before.

And Keyser... say it without the casual slurs on whole swathes of people and we might take you seriously. Come on... do you really want to turn away from everyone that doesn't agree with you? I suspect that behind your poses you care too.

Cheers,
Carter.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 11:36:59 AM by Editor » Logged

Carter 4 Maxxie Oliver
Mew
Michel de Montaigne

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 02:43:30 AM »

Can appreciate your perspective, Daryll, but wouldn't you want those sorry misguided souls to see what Warhol, Bowie or whoever means to you? Sure, it might be tough, but if one redneck turns round isn't that worth it? Somehow I get the impression that you're the classic cynic. Its not that you don't care, it's that you once cared far too much and you've been disillusioned. Hope you get back to where you were before.

I have to admit, I am a classic cynic, and I did care too much, and yes I have been disheartened, but it's not that I choose to abandon these people, it's just that regardless of my efforts, they seem far too comfortable in their dusty habitat to even give the slightest bright color a chance.  Sure it's worth it if one redneck turns around, but normally when they do turn around, they do it to mock me.

Before you can save others, you have to learn to save yourself, but hey, that's just me.

Mew (euthanasia)
The Bolshevik Dandy
Pablo Picasso

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 09:18:19 AM »

My views on the masses are rather Nietzschean.....i believe that we must have a mass intellectual revoloution and all those who fall behind should be left there for good....left to oblivion n idiocy.left for death and moronic lives.

Come Slowly Eden.
carter
Gladiator
Cicero

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 12:33:37 PM »

I have to admit, I am a classic cynic, and I did care too much, and yes I have been disheartened, but it's not that I choose to abandon these people, it's just that regardless of my efforts, they seem far too comfortable in their dusty habitat to even give the slightest bright color a chance.  Sure it's worth it if one redneck turns around, but normally when they do turn around, they do it to mock me.

Before you can save others, you have to learn to save yourself, but hey, that's just me.

Yeah, you have a point here. I don't always have the energy to try to convince someone who's an obvious idiot not to be one... but it just feels wrong to not even try, y'know?

I'm interested in you saying they do it to mock you. Really? That's pretty tough. Assuming that because you're interested in literature, music, the arts etc that you don't exactly fot in where you live?

Carter.

Carter 4 Maxxie Oliver
The Bolshevik Dandy
Pablo Picasso

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 09:31:47 AM »

I used to be a naive philanthropic Hippie....n i put all my Hopes n Love in one girl....n it didnt work.....i spiraaled into bitterness....n eventually lost my faith in the human race....n became this misanthropic dandy intent of overcoming the collective ignorance of the masses

Come Slowly Eden.
AmericanDream
Andy Warhol

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 04:19:06 AM »

I always try to write to the audience as if they are much smarter than me; if you write any other way you lose the good stuff
nauseamfromrum
Cicero

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 05:52:31 AM »

I always try to write to the audience as if they are much smarter than me; if you write any other way you lose the good stuff

i agree. i hate condescension and elitism just as much, or maybe even more than stupidity.  what's more annoying to me than anything is someone who immediately thinks they are "enlightened" after taking an intro to philosophy course or listening to a few underground rap artists.
Ploe
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 05:58:33 AM »

Sure, you might paint your face or colour in soup cans, but what does that have to do with hauling coal out of the Earth or rearing six kids? Don't disregard those that don't get the whole "artist" thing, their lives are far more beautiful simply because they live. For them film or music is a sideshow, an escape. Not their life.
rbsmith
Andy Warhol

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 02:11:00 PM »

Lol this is funny, not that im one of those you detest!
-ConclusioN-
Stanley Kubrick

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008, 12:06:34 AM »

lol noticing everything that gets posted, everyone else agrees lol, first site i've been on where people haven't disagreed on EVERYTHING

Quote from: MalcolmX
You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom.
moneycash
Michel de Montaigne

Rock the Biz

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 12:07:42 AM »

lol noticing everything that gets posted, everyone else agrees lol, first site i've been on where people haven't disagreed on EVERYTHING

you're wrong!

/\-..~..$..~..-/\
Will
Henry David Thoreau

Everything is Irrelative.

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 09:15:12 PM »

Art isn't everyone's thing.  People who ridicule artists are just sad IMO.  Let them have their American Idol, for I ridicule them for that.     

I think, therefore I'm lost.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: