Unquiet Desperation
June 25, 2019, 05:46:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
News: Post in our Creative Philosophy board... if you can.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Poetry collaboration.  (Read 9164 times)
carter
Gladiator
Cicero

« on: January 23, 2008, 08:50:28 PM »

I'm pretty solitary when I write. Never trusted anyone enough to share my thoughts in that way, I suppose.

So, anyone up for working together on a poem or two? I'm open for suggestions as to what to have a go at, but maybe a couple of short pieces would be best first.

Over to you all.

carter.

Carter 4 Maxxie Oliver
moneycash
Michel de Montaigne

Rock the Biz

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 11:45:35 PM »

yo cart-man,

i'm down with some collaboration. 

also, does anyone have any good ideas as to how to get creative collaboration off the ground (in person)?  i'm organizing a writer's circle soon enough, and i have some ideas, but anything else would help.

thnx.

/\-..~..$..~..-/\
Beth
Sir Thomas More

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 11:41:20 AM »

A writer's circle sounds a good idea. And collaberations have their ups and downs. However I'm really into sharing and collaberating at the minute. Sometimes its nice to create something that has a part of more than one persons soul in it. Readers would'nt expect it, and it is not often done in that way. Or was you just wanting ideas Carter?
Could be an interesting one..
The Bolshevik Dandy
Pablo Picasso

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 12:31:20 PM »

Yeh this Circle idea sounds splendid.

Come Slowly Eden.
moneycash
Michel de Montaigne

Rock the Biz

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 04:01:07 PM »

it should be pretty cool, tru.  for the first meeting i'm going to run a beautiful corpse, where one line of poetry is passed to the next person, and the paper is folded over each time its passed so that only one line is visible.  the idea is that the associative leaps from one line to the next from a complete poem, but one that incorporates everyone very differently, and in a way that's almost impossible to get on an individual level.  of course readings too, but the focus will primarily be writing.

any ideas for prose collaboration?

/\-..~..$..~..-/\
carter
Gladiator
Cicero

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 10:58:02 AM »

Thanks for all the replies.

Have just seen the new section on starting groups in the mulitude part of this site. Maybe we could do that, and get a writing group going.

Anyone know anything about how we'd do that? Anyone up for it?

Carter.

Carter 4 Maxxie Oliver
The Bolshevik Dandy
Pablo Picasso

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 01:16:19 PM »

The Beautiful Corpse idea is still very relevant to prose too.....it works if only in a Burroughs-esque manner.

Come Slowly Eden.
The Bolshevik Dandy
Pablo Picasso

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 12:27:17 PM »

i need to collaborate....to flex my poetic muscles with a sparring partner.....any peoplke from the Wakefield-Leeds-Pontefract area that are up for meeting,getting blasted n writing some mighty verse???

Thanks

xxxx

Come Slowly Eden.
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 03:09:35 PM »

All well and good but there is the Grand Maestro Kasatkin of the Black Horse Poets society been doin it for years..like it or loathe it perhaps you could forge alliance with him.. Jay or I can put you in touch if ya like. 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 03:23:10 PM by Mr. Goldberg » Logged
The Bolshevik Dandy
Pablo Picasso

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 09:08:32 PM »

Sounds grande for me.

Come Slowly Eden.
simon nemeth
Herman Melville

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 04:26:57 PM »

the idea about collaberating on prose sounds a good one to me. One way to go about it is one person writes a chapter and passes it to person two who then adds there own. They pass it to person three etc. The only problem I could see is people being upset that thier creation has been corupted by someone else. But if your working on it as a group and have the rules in place it could work. I have wnating to do this for some time. Editor, how do I go about setting this up on UD? I will write the first chapter then people can feel free to add parts. I will give Drabble the ultimate say in what stays in and who writes next etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: