Unquiet Desperation
July 17, 2019, 08:27:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
News: Post in our Creative Philosophy board... if you can.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I need to wake up  (Read 5254 times)
Will
Henry David Thoreau

Everything is Irrelative.

« on: February 19, 2008, 06:36:26 PM »

I love just sitting here in my office wasting time and killing life.  The boss wouldn’t much appreciate it, but he is too busy to notice or care for that matter.  He works for the cash-whores.  Cash whores and cash whores, multi-millionaires with nothing on their mind except the money they don’t have.  And I’m killing my life and wasting my time bowing down to the self-made scum of society, paying me to help them get richer (irrelevant I am).  These heartless, soulless success stories are more putrid than the vagrants that live in their abandoned, soon-to-be-renovated buildings eating trash and urinating on themselves.  Self made innovators of our society...yea, it takes money to make money.  That’s why they justify, rationalize, and pretend to beg for the mercy from the immortal being that spawned them.  They need more money to make more money...they want all the money.  They look up and pretend to beg from below...pathetic beings.  Enjoy success and nothing else.  No feeling beyond a thick, back pocket, the happy one percent.  They feel guilt maybe for a moment, then wash it away with their drug of choice.  (Sigh)  I’m the same way with drugs.

I think, therefore I'm lost.
keysersose
Ernest Hemingway

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 02:27:15 PM »

I love just sitting here in my office wasting time and killing life.  The boss wouldn’t much appreciate it, but he is too busy to notice or care for that matter.  He works for the cash-whores.  Cash whores and cash whores, multi-millionaires with nothing on their mind except the money they don’t have.  And I’m killing my life and wasting my time bowing down to the self-made scum of society, paying me to help them get richer (irrelevant I am).  These heartless, soulless success stories are more putrid than the vagrants that live in their abandoned, soon-to-be-renovated buildings eating trash and urinating on themselves.  Self made innovators of our society...yea, it takes money to make money.  That’s why they justify, rationalize, and pretend to beg for the mercy from the immortal being that spawned them.  They need more money to make more money...they want all the money.  They look up and pretend to beg from below...pathetic beings.  Enjoy success and nothing else.  No feeling beyond a thick, back pocket, the happy one percent.  They feel guilt maybe for a moment, then wash it away with their drug of choice.  (Sigh)  I’m the same way with drugs.

Truly, society has become an autofellating beast. These castles in the air we build from the endless pursuit of money, a thing that doesn't exist but is in fact a vast consensual illusion.

All this running and screaming and grabbing - for what? In the end, all we have is ourselves and those close to us.

Dispel the illusion and attempt to find whatever thruth there is behind all of the lies we're fed - this is what we should do.

Keyserrrrr.

Under neon loneliness, motorcycle emptiness.
Will
Henry David Thoreau

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 05:34:55 PM »

I would just like to live comfortably with those I care about living comfortably as well.  As a property appraiser, I have some clients that have endless desire for money.  They already have more more than I would ever know what to do with.  I just don't get it.

keysersose
Ernest Hemingway

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 09:30:21 AM »

Of course that's what I probably want too, but is living comfortably really good for us as poets and artists? Can't help thinking that if we're comfortable we produce self-satisfied art that means nothing to anyone. Last thing I want to do is live in a ditch, produce great poetry and dying of consumption at 28, but there must be a better balance than the one we have now.

We're too comfortable in the West, and it deadens us.

Keyserrrrr.

Will
Henry David Thoreau

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 02:16:05 PM »

Aww, I cannot find myself to be more agreeable with you here.  Pain is very inspiring...I'd say even more so than beauty.  When I have neither I rely on insanity to get me thru my day.   

We're too comfortable in the West, and it deadens us.

Maybe when we reach our ultimate comfort level, we die, at least creatively.  Of course we can be reborn at any time. 

keysersose
Ernest Hemingway

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 03:03:42 PM »

Maybe when we reach our ultimate comfort level, we die, at least creatively.  Of course we can be reborn at any time. 

Love this idea of perpetual creative rebirth, though I fear the static/brittle nature of our society precludes it from ever being truly possible. Maybe to experience this constant rebeirth we have to remove ourselves from society's constricts: not abandoning it, but functionaing independently alongside, delving in whenever we wish. Then, freed from the petty restrictions and encumbrances, we could really quest and explore our creative core, truly experiencing existence rather than merely passively moving through it.

Trick is to get there, however. How can we cut the umbilical cord?

Keyserrrrr.

Will
Henry David Thoreau

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 03:44:08 PM »

Trick is to get there, however. How can we cut the umbilical cord?

Keyserrrrr.

Quit living our lives through TV would be my first thought.  Instead of watching the breathtaking sites on the Travel Channel or the Discovery Channel, go see it with your naked eyes.  Day job will not allow this for me at the present.  I guess it all goes back to acquiring wealth, not for any social status (for then you would have no soul), but to do the things in life you want to do.  Travel, see the remnants of history, the beauty of the world.  I love your idea of not abandoning society constricts but coexisting with them.  I think to achieve this would take a great deal of self control...self control that I lack at the present.  Valdosta is a smaller, growing city with a nice, artsy downtown area with good music all around.  I have a love/hate relationship with the town (as with everything).  Then there are miles and miles of vacant country land where one can go and reconnect with what's real, what has always been real.  Sounds cheesy, but I like it. 

The Bolshevik Dandy
Pablo Picasso

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 07:13:06 PM »

Throw away your T.V.
Get some books
GET SOME WRITING MATERAILS...
And tea
And milk
And beer
And then seek insolation

Come Slowly Eden.
Will
Henry David Thoreau

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 07:57:30 PM »

Seek isolation (I assumed you meant isolation and not insulation), but not all the time.  But if you must, isolate yourself everywhere, if that makes any sense.   

The Bolshevik Dandy
Pablo Picasso

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 08:58:48 PM »

it makes sense to me....like say your at a party...sit in the corner with your ale,your pen and your lady....right???

Come Slowly Eden.
Will
Henry David Thoreau

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 06:07:34 PM »

I usually get too fucked up to remember anything at parties, or the bar/pub.  I'm fairly sociable when my inhibitions are at artificially low levels.   Wink

But I rarely go out as it is too expensive for me.  Plus I'm a gibbering, idiot drunk.  If I could only recapture those thoughts.   

Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 11:47:53 AM »

I think there;'s too much of this mad frenmetic scattered artist thing going on. There's no reason why a writer shouldn't have the order and discipline of a soldier. T.S.Eliot has his desk organised to the specificity of an airport runway. Paperclips in boxes, paper at right angles to desk etc.

If art is an expression of nature don't forget the geometric ordering that exists in the beauty of a plant or flower...the Greeks defined BEAUTY as  physical rational things...various organisms working in unison with one another ie the overall beauty of a cat is explicable by its spinal chord working  in
to its limbs in relation to its hips and limbs and paws and claws and and  cranial shape etc etc...all parts working together to create a functional beauty.. the end product being greater than the sum total of the parts ...  this applies to anything...structured order = beauty...a bed of flowers may look like an irregular mess but look closely every branch twig petal root and stalk is operating to mathematical symbiosis of itself from the biggest tree trunk to the tiniest cell of leaf...all to an ordered STRUCTURE yet from this springs such BEAUTY

I say all this because ther's too many artists openly embracing "mad chaos" as the way forward in their lives and work and ending up in a mess...as if structure sense and order are something to be punkily smashed about and rebelled against. Your own body and being is a STRUCTURE.

Take a cake what is it ?  Flour , sugar, milk, eggs, jam, water,  ...individually tedious boring elements yet when prepared and treated (baked, mixed, sieved, kneaded) their properties change to a greater whole.
to craziness...this = ART Huh
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 01:13:21 PM »

Hope you all understood that little rant....it's just that CHAOS is so alluring to one part of the artistic mind yet I think it's often a wrong turning...sober reflection and foundation laying is an equally integral part of the artistic crucible...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: