Unquiet Desperation
January 20, 2019, 06:01:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
News: Post in our Creative Philosophy board... if you can.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Defeat  (Read 5229 times)
Ploe
« on: November 04, 2008, 10:24:58 AM »

You're made to do something against your will and you try your hardest when BAM! You fail. You decide though you're going to fail with grace, but no, that's not allowed. That's seen as giving up isn't it? You're not allowed to sit and dream are you? No, because others have to fight against their will to help you. You forget they're providing your comfort, because they're so good at what they do. They never gripe nor moan, just slug at it, endlessly. The second you give up they see it as an act against them. You're sorry you can't do it like the rest of the world, you're sorry you can't make it look as flawless, you're sorry you're shit at waking up, you're sorry you're not normal. But get over your fucking self, you never will be. Show them someday soon, you will be something and not just another Joe like the rest of them.
Vix0r
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 11:35:40 AM »

You're right, Jigsaw would have you in an instant.
Ploe
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 09:53:20 PM »

Fuck your pop culture reference to a film I only know anything about because you've told me. People have to get out there and bark at the world, because if you don't then life'll be gone and all you'll have left is a stone. I don't want that!
Vix0r
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 09:56:22 PM »

It was that or give you a slap. As I was unable to do so, a Saw reference it had to be.
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 12:09:51 PM »

bark at the world, because if you don't then life'll be gone and all you'll have left is a stone. I don't want that!
[/quote]

O the unbridled voice of youth. I was in a graveyard yet the other day...i spend my time in  interesting places...

Bark away Ploe like so many others have barked afore ye ultimately you're going under the sod. Life's too short for barking...look around you - amble about a cemetery or two and have a butcher's..do you think the world had the slightest interest  in the yelps and barks in those who lay beneath those humble headstones ? Barking...you or the many others that went before you ? No. Alas poor Yorick. I knew him Horatio.

Take a little reflective succour fron Gray's Elegy written in a Country Churchyard...assonance at its most ambient:

The curfew tolls the knell of parting day
The lowing herd wind slowly o'er the lea
The ploughman homeward plods his weary way
And leaves the world to darkness and to me...

Definitely your sorta poem that - you being a young gimmer. There's verse upon verse of this rustic rural retreat stuff which Nat G. committed to memory for "A" Level and which he now enunciates loud and clear up and down amongst the rows and rows of gravestones . It's no surprise . They always know when I'm there. All times of day and night. It might be YOU. The Paths of Glory Lead but to the Grave.

You'll never be alone in The Bone Orchard.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 12:18:17 PM by Mr. Goldberg » Logged
Ploe
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 03:15:23 AM »

So die, you say, die without screaming from a height about life. Roll over, close your eyes and stop living? Is that what you are saying to me Mr. Goldberg? Surely it's better to seize one's life and whenever discomfort trundles into your cosm scream about it, so one day people will have an elated sense of life? Perhaps.
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 01:03:38 PM »

Yes but there's ways and means...the unmuzzled bark oft goes unhindered, ignored and blends in with the rest of the cacophony. Rather the measured sniper's scope than the random scatter of grapeshot. Controlled calibration of kickback.

Life's but a poor player that struts his hour upon the stage
Tis a tale of sound of fury signifying nothing...
                   ...Macbeth

Macbeth is barking at the point in the play when he says this ( deranged missus just topped herself, surrounded by an overwhelming invading force, steeped in blood lust and a head full of black magic).

But bless him he fights on to the end...

But come wind. blow wrack
At least we'll die with harness on our back

And he does. Valiantly. Downing them one after the next till he bumps into a Scot not of woman born.... 

Turn Hellhound, turn...

Your Vix will know the rest...

Will
Henry David Thoreau

Everything is Irrelative.

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 01:54:07 AM »

Fuck your pop culture reference to a film I only know anything about because you've told me. People have to get out there and bark at the world, because if you don't then life'll be gone and all you'll have left is a stone. I don't want that!

You're the fuckin' man. Cheesy

BTW-when are we gonna get smilies of all colors.  These gray ones are dull.

I think, therefore I'm lost.
Shaze
Andy Warhol

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 10:40:29 PM »

...LOL Vix0r I'd slap him next time you see him.

I would if someone said "FUCK YOU" to me.. I find it quite.. mean.

Angry

I don't make mistakes, I make opportunities to learn
Ploe
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 10:45:34 PM »

Vix ejected herself from the community. As did Mr. Goldberg. If you talk to either of them they will never reply.
Shaze
Andy Warhol

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 10:53:51 PM »

Damn, just keep me informed lol so I wont be talking to a dead account.

I don't make mistakes, I make opportunities to learn
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: