Unquiet Desperation
March 23, 2019, 05:24:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
News: Post in our Creative Philosophy board... if you can.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Create a character  (Read 5112 times)
Will
Henry David Thoreau

Everything is Irrelative.

« on: October 27, 2008, 06:06:18 PM »

I created this guy named Ezra.  He was named after a Nazi-sympathizing, propagandist poet.  He was a self made billionaire (self made from luck), but he consciously threw all his money away on a beach house, a rifle, and a rocking chair that supposedly belonged to Mussolini.  Some people say he went crazy, but what do people know?  Now he sits his decaying, hairy body in that rocking chair on the beach of St. George Island, and he tries to shoot the dolphins when they jump out of the water.  He sits alone, dawn to dusk, staring intently out towards the ocean.  His skin is leather from the years of sun, sand, and wind.  His hair is long and dread locked.  He smokes cigars and drinks cheap beer and whiskey.  Occasionally, he fires his gun.  He says the moon is what draws him here, as if he has no control over his own destiny.  He says there’s nothing more beautiful than an endless horizon. He says when he first meets people, he pictures what they look like crying.  He says he never looks at himself in the mirror.  He has a tattoo of a fleur de lis on his left forearm and a scar shaped like a 45 caliber bullet hole on his left pectoral.  He always carries a pocket knife, and sometimes he cuts himself.  Boredom is his biggest enemy; a sleepless night is a most faithful companion.  Ezra is half way insane and counting.

I think, therefore I'm lost.
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 06:24:44 PM »

Nice idea Will. Well expressed. Just trying to think one up now and hope others will follow Will.
Will
Henry David Thoreau

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 02:48:03 PM »

I also created a boy named Samuel (Sam for short).  He is a blond haired, blue-eyed, Aryanesque 10 year old with an affinity for mud and frogs.  He is the only child of two wealthy and overprotective parents.  This will cause him to dislike the wealthy when he gets older.  His father is a lawyer from New Orleans, and his mother home-schools Sam.  He doesn’t like obeying his parents, or anybody for that matter.  When his parents tell him to stop doing anything, he keeps doing it.  When they tell him to eat his vegetables, he throws them on the floor.  When they tell him not to talk to strangers, he talks to everybody.  His favorite word is “No!”   

His parents own a beach house on St. George Island called The Mariner’s Compass.  They go there every September before the weather gets too cold.  Last year Sam saw a man on the beach who liked to shoot dolphins.  Sam’s parents told him not to go near “that crazy man with a rifle.”  As mentioned above, Sam doesn’t like obeying his parents.  Sam says the next time he and his parents go to St. George Island, he is going to talk to “that crazy man with a rifle.”  When Sam gets older, he will join the National Rifle Association.  This will be only two months before his life gets cut short by a hunting accident.  Sam dies at the age of 29.

Anyone else wanna play, or should I just play with myself?   Grin

Will
Henry David Thoreau

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 03:58:09 PM »

I created a unique octopus named Erlempula.  In human speak his name is Byron.  Byron is unusual because he can speak and breath air.  He roams the cold depths of the Atlantic Ocean and the warm waters of the Carribean and Gulf Coast beaches.  His favorite foods are black grouper and red snapper, the bottom feeders.  Byron spends his time chasing boats and teasing the inferior and stupid bull shark.  One time he followed a Bull Shark into the Mississippi River and watched it devour a 12 year old girl.  Because Byron is a humanist, he killed that bull shark by suffocating it with his ink.  Byron and the sharks don’t get along, but Byron loves dolphins.  He finds their personalities to be overwhelmingly pleasant and their physical abilities astounding.  He likes to watch them play together and even joins in at times.  The dolphins love Byron too.  One time a dolphin got caught in a tuna net and was minutes from suffocation.  Byron saved his life and the lives of 23 yellow fin tuna that day.  He acquired a human-teethed sheepshead from the pier in Pensacola, Florida and had it bite through the net.  Sometimes Byron crawls up on the beach late at night and harvests turtle eggs.  He says they taste like a crunchy scallop.  It is his weakness, but of course there is no such thing as a perfect octopus.

Vix0r
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 01:53:52 AM »

So he's a humanist yet deprives humans of food, opting instead to let a shark eat a human and then kill it for getting it's food already instead of saving the human.
carter
Gladiator
Cicero

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 01:58:04 AM »

Anyone else wanna play, or should I just play with myself?   Grin

I assume with no hands? Wink

Keep them coming  Cheesy Will, I'll try to think some up too.

Carter.

Carter 4 Maxxie Oliver
Will
Henry David Thoreau

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 06:50:01 PM »

So he's a humanist yet deprives humans of food, opting instead to let a shark eat a human and then kill it for getting it's food already instead of saving the human.

True.  I'll have to revise.  Thanks.

Vix0r
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 08:13:09 PM »

What do you use these characters for? I'm interested to know. Are they just for fun or do you have some great plan for them?
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 01:48:51 PM »

It appears in one of those writer's block books I got...one of the many things you can do is create characters till you got a whole warehouse of them to wheel out at will. I don't mean at Will on here. 
Will
Henry David Thoreau

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 02:14:46 PM »

What do you use these characters for? I'm interested to know. Are they just for fun or do you have some great plan for them?

I started doing it just for fun, then I figured I'd post it here in case anybody else wanted to create some characters.  However, I do have something planned for three I've made thus far.  I'm not really sure what it is yet.

nauseamfromrum
Cicero

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 05:38:58 AM »

Lil' ith is a succuban hip hop star....that's all i got so far. oh... she has an overbite which she uses to smuggle various tiny sprites into our realm. she makes em flay themselves to listerine breath strips thinkin prejudicely that all tiny fellas have minty skin her first single is “i'd rather be horrible than chlorophyll(get them whore-o-bills!)” an anti environmental and ironic chauvinist anthem
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 05:56:51 AM by nauseamfromrum[wii] » Logged
Will
Henry David Thoreau

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 03:02:08 PM »

Lil' ith...that sounds so ridiculous it could be true.  I like the first single's title too.  Good laughs.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: