Unquiet Desperation
December 06, 2019, 08:50:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
News: Post in our Creative Philosophy board... if you can.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Occupation[that which allows us internet and pens]  (Read 4274 times)
pease-smith
Stanley Kubrick

« on: May 29, 2008, 09:49:53 AM »

So what do you do?

I put mobile phones into boxes and wrap them up and send them off. Destroying my hands in the process with cuts.

So what do you have do?
Ploe
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 10:29:07 AM »

As you know, but others may not I have to walk into shops and hand in pieces of paper in with my contact details and other pieces of personal information on. Then every two week I have to go into the office and sign a piece, just to ensure I'm still alive and need paying. It's nice working for the government, pretty cushy.
Vix0r
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 10:40:57 AM »

I have to double up my hair, put it in strings and wear a cream baseball cap so I can slice a thousand loaves (shredding my hands in the process also- bread is sharp), reduce a million rolls that nobody wants, fill in forms that nobody reads, obey the every command of the managers despite the fact they contradict each other, smile to rude customers and fill out already full shelves.

Then wonder what I'll get picked up on by my bastard of a boss, even though I've been running around like a loon.

So yeah, I work in the bakery at Morrisons. It's not as bad as it sounds. Well... it is, but the people around are really nice so that makes it better.
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 03:53:50 PM »

Me ? I'm a people's person. Up at the crack. Sunshine in my eyes. little birds tweeting away, the sound of lawnmowers and fresh orange juice. It's a man's world if you don't weaken. I never did. Coupla circuits round the park and I'm ready for my first Marlboro. Disinfect the bathroom. Clean out the canaries. Whistling as I go. Read the Sun over Breakfast, catch up with latest. Mark the interesting bits in marker pen (usually the classifieds - personals and small ads) and like a pig from a poke I'm on your doorstep. "Brushes madam? Floor Polish ? Panscrubs to make your Tefal gleam ? How a about a little Windowlene ? It's not the same without Mr. Sheen ! Brillo pads, bogbrushes, bath oils three for two - I got the lot !"  Some I win some I lose. I can talk away extensively on any doorstep the - sum total of the subject of your choice. A house's not a home unless it's a palace is my motto. And what a Palace ! How are ya for Domestos ?
~vxn~
Herman Melville

beware the vxn

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 11:47:55 PM »

i am a personal live-in secretary to my vitcim (we are indefinitely engaged with no marriage in sight.  i am opposed.) and domesitc slave. 

i get to write all day.  i edit books for other authors.  sell poetry to a website that buys it off me--when in demand.  i take photos.  do all the housework.  chase all the minions and pets.  walk no less than 2 miles a day when the weather is decent.  work out on the bowflex for 2 hours.  yoga.  (gotta stay in excellent shape to afford being a live-in secretary.  hmm... i like the benefits package.

another glowing exit sign and me with no way out
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 11:54:37 AM »

Are you one of these monogomadams Vix married to your muse ?  Tell me about it. Even a muse needs a gleaming washbasin to look into ( Look at Nostradamus), a nicely vaccuumed staircase and a polished bannister to slide down. Who doesn't ? Small brisk rubs with Stain-Away and bob's your biscuit, twice removed pet chihuahua. Then the bathroom's already for a good citrus & ammonia moussing. Mousse your muse and chase away the poet's blues...it's handy !!
~vxn~
Herman Melville

beware the vxn

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 04:21:13 PM »

my muse is a clever, clever devil... more like many devils--vices.  that require constant attention.

i love a clean house, since my victim does the heavy lifting (most of the bill-paying and man chores--like the lawn) i am glad to see my reflection in the tub faucet.  (nothing beats working from home in your underwear.)

oh, but my muse on the other hand--wow.  look out.  it feeds me literary masterpieces--but steals so much more from me.  (i use the term "literary masterpieces" very loosely.)  it is the dark from inside.  it is a part of me, but also apart from me.

it is scarcely a fun-loving, amiable creature.  that is, unless i pet it and rub it then punch it in the mouth before it can bite me.  then again... i don't really mind a good tongue lashing or teeth gnashing...

The Bolshevik Dandy
Pablo Picasso

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 02:01:56 AM »

I have one Muse and one Muse alone,were's the Sin it that Nat?
eh?
Petraca only had one Muse,his dear,unattaible Laura....

Come Slowly Eden.
simon nemeth
Herman Melville

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 07:27:16 PM »

to Vixor. I have so much sypothy for you. I work in the butchers at morrisons and it's not much fun. I've worked for the company since leaving school some ten years ago. I have done varoius departments my favorite being warehouse. I know where your coming from and can't offer any advice other than get off this sinking ship while theres still life boats left. By the way my poem petrobrad is about our takeover of safeways. You know that morrisons are like imperial russia so you'll find it funny
Will
Henry David Thoreau

Everything is Irrelative.

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 03:24:55 PM »

I tell people how much land and buildings are worth.

I think, therefore I'm lost.
~vxn~
Herman Melville

beware the vxn

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 11:12:41 PM »

i tell ppl how much they are worth--but i do that for free. lol.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: