Unquiet Desperation
September 23, 2018, 11:47:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
News: Post in our Creative Philosophy board... if you can.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How did you hear of UD?  (Read 6507 times)
Johnny
Sir Isaac Newton

« on: February 09, 2008, 11:44:25 AM »

Where and how did you hear of this magical litzine kingdom?

I first got my taste when Mike was trying to convince my friends to get me to come to Creative Writing at college (giving up my Wednesday afternoon frees was hard for me at that time). He handed me one and pointed and said "We're looking for people just like you!"

I believe it was probably one of the first times I'd actually listened to a stranger.  Cheesy
The Bolshevik Dandy
Pablo Picasso

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 12:50:44 PM »

Tim from that kooky lil bookshop on Westgate gave me a copy
n then i talked via Myspace with Mr. Drabble...the rest is arguably History

Come Slowly Eden.
Abi
Stanley Kubrick

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 04:17:31 PM »

I first got one from you Johnny, you handed me one which you had and said you were going to be in the nest issue. hooked ever since.
keysersose
Ernest Hemingway

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 11:37:27 PM »

I picked one up from a bar in the fair(ly crummy) city of Sheffield (in England, for our transatlantic cousins).

Started reading while waiting for a girl to turn up. The fire and brimstone style instantly connected with me, and I didn't notice that she was half an hour late until I looked at my watch.

She didn't turn up, but I went home and sat up writing.

Her loss, my gain.

Keyserrrrr.

Under neon loneliness, motorcycle emptiness.
Johnny
Sir Isaac Newton

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 11:37:51 AM »

I picked one up from a bar in the fair(ly crummy) city of Sheffield (in England, for our transatlantic cousins).

Started reading while waiting for a girl to turn up. The fire and brimstone style instantly connected with me, and I didn't notice that she was half an hour late until I looked at my watch.

She didn't turn up, but I went home and sat up writing.

Her loss, my gain.

Keyserrrrr.

That's great! We wouldn't be talking right now if she'd turned up! Just think what the world would be like! Wink
polekat
Andy Warhol

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 12:40:38 PM »

I got it from a toilet seat. Literally- the Brighton Bar poetry show.
Vix0r
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 03:27:57 PM »

Introduced when Ploe got in with a piece about how I was turning in to him and he didn't like it =p

He sent one to me which I keep in my safe drawer. I didn't like the rest though and haven't read any since, but I enjoy posting here.
velvetblonde
Andy Warhol

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 01:00:02 AM »

I found it at the Brighton Bar last spring. It was just lying there in the window begging to be picked up.  Grin

i am a carnival of stars a poem of blood
Joshuaaaa!
Andy Warhol

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 03:27:22 PM »

Cheesy I was walking down Peaks College stairs when this man with a bright jumper appeared... and said politely (something like).. ''Heyy Josh, you should come to creative writing, it will give you a lot more confidence and you can say what you want and people will listen and not take the piss'' ... And thats what actually kept me at that college, that one great chat we had  Smiley
Mr. Goldberg
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 01:04:31 PM »

I first heard of UD from this long haired git called Jay the Jabberwock back in the winter of '06 . I think. Brimming with beamish boy and frabjous joy he thrust said booklet in my hand . Calooh Callay or Desperate Dan ever since I've been a UD fan !!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: